1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

7 don'ts after a meal!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by onemoreid, Feb 25, 2009.

1. onemoreid

onemoreid New IL'ite

* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).

* Don't eat fruits immediately - eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruit 1-2 hr after meal or 1hr before meal.

* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid.This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.

* Don't loosen your belt - Loosening the belt after a meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted &blocked.

* Don't bathe - Bathing will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
    * Don't walk about - People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.
    * Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

I say one must totally quit smoking. Rant

Regarding fruits, I never knew the duration gap had to be for 1-2hrs. The fruits usually come out of the kitchen, as soon as we keep the places in the sink or clear up the table. bonk

I have heard about the walking one too... Back in my native place, they say we must at least sit for 10 mins after a meal, before going out of the house, for a walk or errands.

I totally agree with the sleep stuff too.

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi..
    even i heard about this 7 dont after meals... if i'm not wrong its already there in our health & diets forum...

ani... i have a PPT with me... in which i got all the details how to eat fruits... they have mentioned clearly... fruits has to eaten only before meals... so that you get all the benifits from the fruits...
    another way its really helpful for persons who are dieting coz once you eat fruits before your meal your actual meal quantity will come down by default...

if i could get that PPT i'll try to post it..

4. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vahee!

It would be good, if you get that, to share it with all of us.

Truly a good point - If you fill yourself with fruit, you'll eat less dinner.

Will certainly try that next time I have to attend a party!

5. Priya0425

Priya0425 New IL'ite

Thanks for sharing, I had no idea that loosening of the belt after food can cause problems. Useful info.
    Priya

6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Useful tips. Fruits should be taken alone and not to be combined with meals to get the full benefits. Fruits are easily digestable. If you take fruits after the meals it will cause digestive problems.

7. SukiKumaran

SukiKumaran Senior IL'ite

I never knew the duration gap for fruits. Thanks for sharing the info
    Vahee...please share the PPT with us

8. babita_sn

babita_sn Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Nice info.I knew abt the bathe,but not the reason behind it .Thanks for sharing ths wonderful information.have to apply many of them in my day today routine.

Regards
    Babita

9. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for sharing such a nice information.