Volunteer opportunities in Dubai/ UAE

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by geetha331, Apr 21, 2007.

1. geetha331

geetha331 New IL'ite

Hii everyone

I was wondering if there are any organizations in Dubai / UAE where we could volunteer to help the less fortunate people around. I am currently workin in Kuwait and I did volunteer in Red Crescent, Kuwait. They used to arrange trips twice a week to hospitals for mentally challenged & handicapped children and for children with Leukaemia. However, they are all Arab children and since I do not know Arabic I felt pretty helpless as communication is the most important thing in situations like this. I would like to know if there are organizations in Dubai wherein we can lend support to our Indians who are in need.

Would like to hear from you all

Regards
    Geetha

2. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi geetha,
    very happy to know ur intentions to serve the needy. i dont know abt any organisation here,but there are many special need schools and organisations which do need some help from genuine people like u.but if u r very specific that u want to work or volunteer for hospitals or somethg like RED CRESENT,then ill try to find out.let me know by when ull come to dubai.
    well now let me introduce myself.im from bombay? i live in karama in dubai.where r u from? u will be welcomed by dubaites very well. u will gte many friends thru IL.dont u worry.dubai and ur new friends r waiting for u.take vare bye.:wave

zeenat

3. geetha331

geetha331 New IL'ite

hii zeenath

thanks a lot for ur reply... well no im not specific about working only in hospitals or places like red crescent... i would be more than happy 2 lend a helping hand 2 anyone who needs it... but like i said the reason i couldnt do much wen i joined red crescent is coz the hospitals we visited consisted mostly of arab children and since i dont know 2 speak arabic i felt pretty helpless as communication with these people is the main aspect in these situations. we need 2 make them feel wanted inspite of whatever defects they may have... i want 2 realy b able 2 help people and if i can bring about a little bit of cheerfulness in anyone's life i would consider myself blessed... thanx a lot for ur help zeenath.. i would really appreciate if you could let me know any places wer help can b provided :)

well now comin back 2 me.. im a keralaite.. born and brought up in kuwait.. did my schooling ere til 12th.. den i went 2 chennai 2 do my engineering , came back 2 kuwait wid my parents and worked ere for abt 3 years... now i got a job offer in dubai and am going 2 b moving der soon.. probably by july.. will definitely let u know wen im going 2 b coming der.. im realy happy dat im able 2 meet good friends through dis website.. im going 2 b realy new 2 dubai so its gr8 to know dat der r friends around... :mrgreen: :-D

Regards
    Geetha

4. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi geetha,

How are you?? nice to read your voluntariness. Below are the address i could find out, or if you are aware of any keralite association, they might help you.

<TD class=txtSearchCompanyNotBold_Content width=*>Emirates Volunteers Association<TD vAlign=top rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 align=right border=0><TD width=10><TD width=10><TD width=10><TD class=txtSearchCompanyNotBold_Content>
    P.O.BOX 23555, Sharjah.

Tel: 06 556 5444

<TD class=txtSearchCompanyNotBold_Content width=*>Kerala Social Centre<TD vAlign=top rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 align=right border=0><TD width=10><TD width=10><TD width=10><TD class=txtSearchCompanyNotBold_Content>
    P.O.BOX 3584, Abu Dhabi.

Tel: 02 631 4456

regds
    sujatha

5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    The Indian Consulate in Dubai is seeking volunteers to help them with the Amnesty programme started in UAE to-day. If any one is willing to lend a helping hand, please contact Mrs. Meenkashi Gandhi on Mobile: 050 5153175.

Thanks & Regards
    USHA

6. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi geetha,

i am a special needs mother and there are lot of schools and organisations who need volunteers.

You may visit the site Special Needs Families Group - Dubai, UAE which is a support group for parents like me.

you can also get in touch with AL NOOR TRAINING CENTRE FOR SPECIAL NEEDS.

i think thier website should be alnooruae.com...... pls check.

any clarifications, so get back,

OOSHA

7. hassan

hassan New IL'ite

Hi everyone in dubai

We would like some help for our small our organisation which we have just built in the counryside( Neknafa ) at the borough of Essaouira in Morocco.
    The aim of this organisation consist of three things:
    1- water
    2- electricity
    3-roads
    This target poor people live around this area will be very happy and will appreciate any help from any organisation or volunteer or charitable oraganisation or personael induvidual
    please don't hesitate to conatact us if there any help

yours sincerely

Hassan Errafik

8. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

What kind of help are you looking for? Are you a registered charity? What is your plan and how are you going about it?
    I have friends in Morocco, do you mind if they visit you and get an idea of your project?
    Look forward to receiving a response on this forum

9. AlishaA

AlishaA New IL'ite

Hi there

I am moving to Dubai from April 2008 and also looking to help out with special needs families as voluntary work. My job involves working Sun-Thurs so I am looking to help on Fri/Sat

Please email me back incase anyone needs help
    Thanks
    Alisha

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2008
  10. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Hello Everyone!!

Are there any other social organizations in dubai working for minority groups, human rights, environment, women, children......???? If any of you know any such organization situated in dubai or nearby dubai pls let me know.

Mrudula