1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

choosing right size

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by richa2009, Feb 23, 2009.

1. richa2009

richa2009 New IL'ite

Hi guys.Just planning to buy a few skirts, capris and tops for my sis . waist size 35.5", bust:41".she is 5ft 2inches.So i guess she is a petite.
    I asked the local staff at jcpenny , macys and kohls as to what should be her size for bottoms(both skirts and capris) and for tops as well. they were unable to determine that. some of them are saying it could be medium , some are saying could be large.I checked the size chart online.Though it varies from brand to brand ,what I am getting is either large(16) or XL which I think would be way too big for her as I have seen her recent snaps and she doesn't look that fat.

Please help me find out the right size for her (M/L) or if it is denoted by size such as 10p, 14 p etc. what should be the right size for her?
    Thanks guys.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009

2. ggil

ggil New IL'ite

Hi, I could suggest some tips. According to US, each brand has different code. So it is very difficult to choose. Like different names for the same size. Better you take an inchtape with you. Measure the bust area. If the persons bust is 41",the dress must atleast be 43" for tight fitting. and it should be 45" for normal fitting more than that is loose fitting.Depending this you can buy the tops. Same way for the skirt. hip size +2".
    Hope this information would be more helpful for you. Enjoy your shopping.:thumbsup

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hehehe.. i should say ur sis is almost my size.. i use 8 or 10..

for pants : 12-petite.. (be specific on petite. all others r longer in length)
    for jeans : 12-Short ( yes short is the name. for jeans petite size is called short)

for capri : 10 or 12 depending on whether it is a stretch capri

for tops: depending on her Bra Size u can pick . usually for 36" u can take M or 8 . dont take L unless it is a stretch-Tshirt. L has a bigger shoulder.

Hope it helps and ur sister is not cursing me for telling the wrong sizes.. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. rbits196

rbits196 New IL'ite

I keep wondering where the petite sized jeans and pants are available. I find a very limited selection to shop from at Macy's and other such stores. Everywhere else they need to be ordered online which is a pain :( could someone tell me where you typically shop for petite sized clothes? Where a decent sized selection is available to choose from!

Thanks!

5. parivash007

parivash007 New IL'ite

I don't know where you are, but the Bon Ton branches of stores have some petites (Bon Ton, Younkers, Carson Pierre Scot, Bergners, etc.) But, generallly petites are hard to buy for.