1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Any Fix or Remedies for heavy hair fall

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by SurekhaKrishna, Feb 20, 2009.

1. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am a new member to IndusLadies.I have joined yesterday.
    I am wondering how I missed all these days this beautiful website that too for Ladies and by Ladies.
    I love my hair very much.I have moved from Hyderabad to USA 3 months back.I am facing hair loss problem like anything.
    Can anyone here help me in stopping my hair getting thinner day by day.
    My friend was saying it's because of heavy chlorine content in USA Water.(Chlorine is used to heat the water very quickly my husband says)
    Initially I used to take head bath once in 3 days.I can see how much hair is lost in the shower tub during headbath time.only tears are the last thing.I have to forcibly stop the frequency of taking my head bath(i.e from once in 3 days to only once a week).I cannot use henna also here in USA.
    Everywhere in the house ,I am finding only my fallen hair on carpet,my own clothes,even in kitchen floor.I am much worried about this.
    There's more hair on the floor than on my scalp.seriously.
    I have spent lot of money(in thousands) for hair care kerala therapy(Ayush Jubilee Hills) in Hyderabad as it gave me nice results also.

Can anyone pls help me with this Country(USA) specific hair fall reduction and healthy hair treatments which will work and give me good result.

Awaiting for reply.thanks in advance.
    Surekha

2. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Hi Surekha,

First of all you have a beautiful name.
    Yes, chlorine does affect the hair very badly. I would suggest you to buy a chlorine shower filter and fix it in your shower. It costs like $10- $20 .Its very easy to fix. You can change the filter after a couple of months. You can find them in hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowes.

Hope that helps

Shobana

3. minu

minu New IL'ite

Hi Surekha,
    Welcome to IndusLadies.
    Please visit the thread Falling Hair !!! and other tips mentioned in the subforum. Hope this will help you.

As a new member, NewMemberGuide could be helpful to you to understand the ways in this site.
    Minu.

4. SurekhaKrishna

Thank you Shobana.
    I want to purchase the Chlorine shower filter from the nearby Lowes today.

thanks a lot.....for the help.

SurekhaKrishna

5. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

hi surekha...... di u get the chlorine shower filter?? is there any cange after using it?

6. SurekhaKrishna

hi surya123,
    Intially Without filter My skin gets to dry up so fast.even the hair was a bit rough after taking head bath.
    After buying the shower filter the quality of shower water after chlorine is filtered is of high quality.now the skin is not drying that fast.
    The hair falling has stopped so far for me.
    I started eating eggs 4 times in a week for proteins.
    Thanks to shobana for helping me.......

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Surekha ,
    One more question , I searched for these filters( after reading this thread) in walmart, everything was an outdoor pipe filter. I could not find any shower filter which we can fit in Apartments . Can you tell me the product name you have got ?
    i'll try to order it online.

8. vsowmyabe

vsowmyabe New IL'ite

Hi,

Iam also looking forward to use the chlorine filter,but the bad thing is my apartment doesnt allow installing shower filters as the county has some rules for the shower heads.They come in for inspection once in 3 or 6 months to check these standards. BTW,is the shower filter easy to install ? Is there any other way of removing chlorine from the tap water ? I can use a bucket and mug to take head bath if some filter can be used in the tap..Please suggest.

Thanks!!!

9. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Hey surekha,

Even I and my husband have the same problem of tremendous hair loss. Which brand of chlorine filter shower did u buy? I have a home depot close by. I'll check if i get it there.
    Hi Surya ,
    will it be available online ?

10. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Very good information. Thanks for sharing.