1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Good Apartment in Santa Clara or Milpitas

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by sangeetha2001, Feb 15, 2009.

1. sangeetha2001

sangeetha2001 New IL'ite

I work in Milpitas and my husband's office is in Sunnyvale. I am looking for a decent 2 bedroom apartment with indian families in santa clara or milpitas. I would appreciate if you could help us with some info about this.

2. Sandhya230

Sandhya230 Guest

Hey sangeetha. I live in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo in milpitas. We are moving out soon and are looking for someone to take over our lease. Its a spacious condo, right near dixon landing road and great mall. there are plenty of indian and american grocery stores around and more importantly its a really safe neighbourhood. We pay 1700 a month. If you are interested just write back and i porvide u with more details.

thanks
    Sandhya

3. sangeetha2001

sangeetha2001 New IL'ite

thanks Sandhya! Are there any inidan families living in the community? My parents and in laws will be here on and off..... i prefer indian neighbours so that they can have some good company for time pass. Could you please give me the exact location so that i can see how far the commute will be for myself and my husband?

4. Sandhya230

Sandhya230 Guest

hey sangeetha, the community itself is not too big. There are about 40 condos in the community and there are a few of indian families. But there are plenty of indians on neighbouring streets. ICC (india community centre) is down the road and i kno they have a lot of senior programs. The location is on arbor way in milpitas. Move in date would probably be may this year. Let me know.

5. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,

There are quite a lot of apartments in santa clara with where mostly indian community lives. Infact we used to live in Halford gardens in Halford ave near elcamino and lawrence expressway. We stayed in that apt for about 6 years. People who live there are mostly indians. There's a park just in a walking distance if that matters to you. But I know when parents visit, they would love to stroll around. You can check it out. They have 1 bed, 2 bed and townhouse models. There are tons of indian shops around. We actually enjoyed our stay there. I used to take my little one to the park every evening after I come back from work. There are other apartments in that area itself. You may want to call their offices are see. Hope my info helps.

-Uma

6. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Which one did you go with finally?

7. krapol01

krapol01 New IL'ite

Hello Advita,
    This is swathi. We moved to CA recently and are in the search for apartments. Can you give us feedback about Halford gardens. We could not find any indians there when we visited the office. Do you have any updates about this apartment at present about the safety and Indian community there? Plz suggest...

8. ushapamidi

ushapamidi New IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,
    Hope you are doing good.My name is Usha,from AndhraPradesh. I am sorry i can't answer ur question becoz i live in NJ.
    I am here for ur help,we are moving to raleigh,NC by the end of MArch. I am looking for the apartments where good schools and indian community around,can u help on this?
    Thank you.

9. vidyavijay

vidyavijay New IL'ite

Dear Ladies, this is Vidya from Seattle,my husband is about to accept an offer from PwC..and now hunting for apartments near his office(488 Almaden Blvd, San Jose).

I have found three 3 apartment communities nearby to be decent (Hidden Willow, 1776 Apts and The Woods)..

Anyone live nearby and have any recommendations please? We have a 12 month old. We're okay to live in other areas as well..may be within 12-15 mile radius.

Thx- Vidya,
    vidyakissanth at gm ail dot com :)

10. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite