Hairfall Solutions..

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by Sylviaram, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Dearest ladies,

Hairfall has become a part of life in Dubai.. what do you say?

I want us to make use of this thread to share some tips and solutions to control hairfall.. I am sure that if you have lived here long enough, you would have faced this problem and would also have some tried and tested solutions..

So, what are you waiting for.. start writing!

Cheers to a hairfall free life!
    Sylvia

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009

2. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Now.. let me share my experience..

I had unbelievable hairfall when we moved to Dubai 2 years back. I went to Kotakkal Ayurveda Sala in Karama and the doctor there prescribed an oil named "Kuntalakanti Thailam". I massaged it in the scalp regularly for a month and it controlled the hairfall magically.. I then reduced the application to once a week..

But recently, I have been having terrible hairfall again. I dont know if its the weather change or if there is some change in the water.. whatever, it pains me to see my hair all over my flat and all the drains and not where it has to be.bonk

Can you pls throw in some ideas...

Cheers!
    Sylvia

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sylvia,

Even i am in the same ship as you are.

My hair is breaking and i am having short hair in patches. This is all due to my straightening of my hair 1 month back in India in Lakme parlour. I paid a lot of amount to get it straightened. Now it is in a very terrible state.
    Too much hair breaking( It is literally breaking).

I checked with the nearby parlour and they said that they have used strong chemicals and that is why it breaks and the patches. They told me not to keep the hair dry, not to use hair dryer, not to have oil massage on head as it dries out. To go in for cream massage, to put lot of conditioner to keep it soft. Not to brush too often and only with wide toothed comb.

I bought Tresemme shampoo and conditioner from Lulu. Before straightening, when i used that product, it was making my hair dry. Recently when i tried the same again, it is really good for my treated hair.

It is quite true that hairfall has become too much nowadays and hair fall is the top on my worries.

Thanks

Bala

4. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bala,

I totally understand what you are saying.. I comb my hair and see small strands of hair about 2 inches long all around me.. I have hip length hair and so my hair is breaking and falling.. Hairfall is not a trivial issue.. lets see if we can get some good solution to this problem..

For now, I am using the special Kerala oil every other day and desperately looking to see less hair in my flat..

Hey Ladies, do you have something to share?

Cheers!
    Sylvia

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  5. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi Sylvia / Bala, I am glad I saw this thread today.. Yes hairfall is a such a huge problem for all of us. Drowning

When I came to Dubai too, I had this problem, however, it did start growing again nice and lengthy. :)

But later, i started using hair colour and now i have noticed that my hair near the forehead only has started thinning, though the length is fine. :hide:

I started using Dhatri oil after recommendation from one of my friends, and notice that it is really good. I use it for my daughter also. plus for oil bath i use neelibhringadi, chemparuthyadi tailams from kottakal ayurveda. so the hairfall is there but not as much as it was before sort of reduced..:spin

do try it, may be it will be of some help.

btw, Sylvia, where is Kottakkal Ayurveda in Karama? location, number anything that you can provide me. it wil be helpful.

6. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Malathy,

The Kottakal Ayurveda Centre in Karama is opposite to Lulu Centre, behind Familes Supermarket building. Their phone no is 04-3354354.

There is another one in BurDubai opposite AlRafa Police Station which deals with Ayurvedic Oils and their no is 04-3934900.

Hope this information is useful to you..

Cheers! :cheers
    Sylvia

7. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much.. will contact them..

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI friends...
    here are few tips which i followed and it really helped...

1. too much of oil applications leads to hair loss so appply only when you take head bath ,or apply very little just to avoid excess dryness...

2. when you use conditioner make sure you dont apply on your scalp...

3. Puritan's pride Vitamins for the hair... this is a vitamin tablet especially to control hair loss...

4. make sure you eat protien rich food to avoid hair loss... something like sprouts, paneer, tofu, soya etc... these proteins also helps for weight loss...

recently i faced hairloss problem and consulted my dr (general physician from belhoul speciality corniche road diera) he prescribed me this vitamin... i find good result... also he mentioned... its always better to take medicine orally to control hairloss..

try it friends... all the best..

btw... bala you are latamurali's sister rite...

9. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi,
    ive got hairfall problems too and same with hubby. can i use dhatri oil for both of us. my hubby has oily scalp and i have dry flaky scalp with dandruff. what do u suggest.
    also malathy whats oil bath? and how is it helpful?
    im worried more abt my hubby plz help....:frown:

10. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Zeenat,

I have found these Kotakkal oils very useful.. When my husband had hairfall, we consulted there and they gave some oil and it acted immediatley.

Oil bath is an Indian tradition where on a particular day of the week, we massage our whole body with a special oil, normally it will be til oil, from head to toe and take bath. Its supposed to cool our nervous system and is also good for our skin, hair etc.. I am not sure if its still followed in this rush rush life. Also, til oil has a very cooling effect and so make sure you dont end up having some side effects.. like cold, fever or nerve stiffness.. better to always start with a known oil.

Cheers!
    Sylvia

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009