Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

mint rice & aapam.

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

Prepared mint rice substituted with coriander leaves for tonight and tasted great and more. Thanks for the same.

Abt aapam, it was soft, spongy & tasty. But, you have mentioned not to turn over the other side as it will get cooked simultaneously. But, in my case, except for 2 or 3, rest of them did not get cook at the top(half cook maybe). So, had to turn over the other side to get cooked. But, it came out nicely. Is that ok or what to do? The flame was in medium.

And, thanks for the inji sorasam. It is really helping out. Can u tell me how many days that a person can take as taking ginger everyday is not good, isnt it?

Rgds

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ami !

Dear Ami,
    Aappam - you have to keep covered & patiently wait - initially flame can be high for 1,2 mts for the dough to cook & thereafter low, covered through out.Always spread very well, circularly so that the centre does not become thick at all - it is very important. Otherwise, everybody will waste the centre. I shall post picture at the earliest.
    If you are feeling very sick, take sorasam for a week on alternate days, thereafter taper to twice a week, once etc & stop it.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

3. rsankar

rsankar New IL'ite

thanks...

Hello Mrs. Chithra,

Yesterday I prepared Masal Mochai for dinner, It came out good. taste is totally different. We use this mochai with brinjal to prepare curry.

Thanks
    rsankar.

4. Chitvish

Hello rsankar !

Dear rsankar,
    Thankyou for the feedback. Try the same with potato also - I think fried besan gives it the delicious taste. Brinjal & mochai is also a good combination.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

5. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

pasiparuppu dosai, small jackfruit kurma, pattani sadam and Paruppu urundai kuzhambu!

Hello Mrs CV,

Wish you a very happy new year! I tried out the mentioned items and needless to say it was awesome! Especially the paruppu urundai kuzhambu was a real surprise as it had a slight twist of sweetness!!(i neither added sugar nor jaggery) maybe the tamarind itself was a bit sweet .. but overall it was worth an applause! :D .All of them-- pattani sadam, special mention of kurma, and pasiparuppu dosai all turned out really well. Thank you very much for the guidance. Also your general tips on maintaining the kitchen is so useful and it solved the mystery of how some people's kitchen look apparently unused all the time! :) Thank you once again Mrs CV for being there!

Regards,
    Purnima, Mangalore!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  6. Chitvish

Hello Purnima !

Dear Purnima,
    You are such a good cook that you send "awesome" feedbacks ! These feedbacks make everyday a special day for me ! Thankyou very mich.
    Keep trying & posting feedbacks !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

7. Jaya

Jaya New IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

Thank you very much for the Basundhi receipe!! I needed it since a long time and finally got it.

Regards

8. Chitvish

Hello Jaya !

Dear Jaya,
    You are welcome !
    Regards,
    chithra.

9. Jana

Jana Senior IL'ite

Mikka nandri

Chitra,

Mikka nandri. My first question answered on the first day. Thank you. I have eaten this many times, but no Gjju friend has ever taught me this, saying there is too much stirring. Now I will teach them this from you, send them all here. I will make this for my family soon( we have to make 2, 3 cups dal) and give evryones opinion.

Good night.
    Jana

10. Chitvish

Hello Jana !

Dear Jana,
    Do not attempt more than 1 cup at a time. You will find it physically tiring.
    If you are a microwave user, try stirring with sugar in that.
    Love,
    chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.