1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite person among your in-laws???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Rihana, Dec 29, 2008.

Which In law is most tolerable?

Poll closed Aug 9, 2009.
  1. Mil

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Fil

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. younger sil

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. elder sil

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. elder bil

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. younger bil

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. co sis il

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Aunt/uncle il

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

I am yet to get married and live with them. As of now all of them FIL,MIL and SIL are great. But i like my FIL very much.

2. workingmom

workingmom New IL'ite

My FIL by all means. He is really nice person and never things bad about anyone but yes he is mostly under the influence of my MIL who is mean and biased to my BIL and his wife :-(

(nice threads I must say). Take care.

3. geetsi

geetsi New IL'ite

What does getting along mean?????????.......a feeling of comfort and sharing......a feeling of being accepted.......where one feels comfortable.........but does it have to be all the time??????? I share a relationship with my MIL.......which I cannot describe. We sometimes see eye to eye on a particular subject.......she is critical of my ways (keeping in mind her experiences) sometimes and yet I know that she is always there for me when I need her.......and I for her. Inside her hard and tough eterior lies a soft, understanding and sacrificing person who would do anything to keep the family together. After 26 years I have begun to feel the warmth of the currents in our relationship and thinking backwards I realised, I couldnot have asked for a better MIL than her.

4. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Great thread finding good responses…I too would love to share my experiences with my in laws.
    All in the family-FIL, MIL, SIL & BIL (both SIL & BIL younger to my DH) – are very supportive and friendly from my day1 at the new place. :thumbsup
    To mention in detail, BIL is the one who amuses me the most…though quite serious natured with all others, he is very friendly towards me and as I feel he speaks openly only with me(among the family members). So when it comes to matters regarding his marriage, my DH as well as MIL asks me to discuss with him as he shares his views and thoughts well only with me. I feel swollen with pride to know that I’m given such priority at home among my in laws.
    Even my FIL is such a nice person and so is my SIL.
    The most important/ favorite/ admirable person is my MIL with whom I’m greatly attached. She’s very friendly, understanding and caring, discusses with me most household matters and provides immense support and guidance that was very vital since I arrived as their DIL 3 years back. Now when I’m away from them too, she keeps me informed about each and every thing at home and that makes me feel how important I am. There are times when I feel more attached to my MIL than my mom. :)
    I know I’m lucky enough to have such good relations with my in laws when most DILs these days find it hard to cope with their in laws.
    Oooops I’m sorry for this long post. I just couldn’t control myself!!!!
    Thanks and Regards,
    Reshmi

5. sujatajoshi

sujatajoshi New IL'ite

hello, its my mother in law she is the person on whom i can rely . She is very nice and i am fortunate to have her.

6. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Rihanna,

Nice Thread ... Your thread made me to enter after a long time in IL... Well, all my in-laws are very good and I am quite comfortable with everyone. But, I share everything with my MIL and gets her advice in whatever I do... She is quite helpful and kind loving person to me now... Thank you for your lovely thread ...

7. regi_sr

regi_sr New IL'ite

Oh, you are giving lots of working to my brain.. Im seroiusly thinking a lot, but i dont have such a good person Rantin my in laws place to share everything... Except my hubby

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  8. ahilad

ahilad New IL'ite

Great research!!
    I get along well with my MIL and co-sis (older one). My relationship with my MIL runs Ups rarely Downs(when my SIL interrupts) over these 25 years. I admire her hard working nature and i am a bit lazy type b'fore marriage, but now i learned to work a lot.
    Take good things from our elders.
    A D

9. Tanishq

Tanishq New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I am happy to see some of you have very good relationships with your in-laws and other members.
    My answer to this would be honestly None at all and it will not change in the future and especially after my recent India trip.

I had a very horrible time in india at my in-laws palce and my husband was of no help to me in that situation.

Take Care,
    Tanishq

10. Nightingale

Nightingale New IL'ite

hi all
    Nice thread
    in my in laws family there is FIL,MIL,BIL
    small family with very small thoughts
    how can i find a favorite person out of these selfish persons who think there is no one better than them on this world and for them i am just a mistake of their bad time.

no one other than my dearest husband.

i am so happy for one who have someone favorite other than DH among in-laws. u guys are very fortunate.

thanks

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009