April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Merli, good to hear from ou after a long time. :) I hope you will be able to get out of layered clothing by the time the baby is born. And yes, in about 7 weeks I can expect life to change drastically - am starting to have apprehensions about the same!! bonk

Geetha, Congratulations and welcome to the club! So how has your journey been this time around? Do share any information that you think will be useful for first time mommies like me. :)

Hoping to hear from more April mommies soon. Take care folks.

Regards,
    Anitha

2. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Hello Anitha,
    Thank you for your quick reply. So far it has been so good. I feel as if this is my first pregnancy, as there are lots and lots of differences between the two pregnencies.
    First time I was in India and during delivery and after that lots lots of ppl arnd to help.
    This time we only myself ,my husband and my daughter. My parents may not be able to come here to help...Feeling little nervous how to handle and all..attending the "new born care' breast feeding classes like new mom
    :)

Geetha

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I have gained 11 kgs so far..Mom is here and it shows in weight.

Any ideas on post-partum weight loss ? Planning to join some class, but don't know when to..How much after the baby is born etc..

Good luck to everyone here...My visits have become frequent - once in 2 weeks

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Geetha, I've been hearing a lot of second time mommies say the two pregnancies are entirely different. So much for the first time experience, i guess. :) Hope all your classes go well and do keep us posted.

MeenLoch, I too have been searching for details on post partum weight loss. This is the information I have gathered - for the first six weeks pelvic floor exercises are advised. Then they ask us to start walking, starting with say 10 - 15 minutes a day and slowly increase it over the weeks. If it is a cesearean we have to get the doctor's clearance. By 12 weeks we can start yoga, pilates or brisk walking assuming the stitches (if any) have healed and the doctor too has given us a clean chit. Enrolment in the gym and undertaking aerobics depends on our exercise levels before pregnancy and the doctor's advice. And before I forget, in case we are breastfeeding, it is advised that we do not feed the baby for an hour after rigorous exercise (such as aerobics) - this might alter the lactic acid levels in the milk and the baby might reject it. I guess we can talk this out with our docts and arrive at exercises that will suit our post-partum bodies. :)

As for me, my visits too have become fortnightly. Next visit is coming up this weekend. I was also given a lanolin based cream that is to be applied on my nipples and areola twice a day. The doc says it will reduce dryness and cracking of the nipples (if it happens) when I start breastfeeding. Seems to be a precautionary measure.

Hope to hear from you all.

Regards,
    Anitha

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the information AnithA. I am plannning to join post-natal yoga or exercise in few months after baby is born. I have officially completed 32 weeks. The baby's kicks are harder and I think they will reduce as she grows.

Anybody experiencing hair loss ?

6. vijjianand

vijjianand Junior IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I visited the doctor yesterday. She took a scan and the baby's weight was found to be 1.9 kgs. She asked me when I'm leaving for my parent's place. I told her in the 1st week of Apr. She got tensed and told me that since the baby has good growth, there is a chance that I may deliver even 1 month prior to due date. She told me to leave to my parent's place in the 1st week of march itself. I'm so scared and worried.
    I want my son to complete his academic year. My parents say that I may not deliver before the 37th week. how r u all?

bye,
    take care,
    viji

7. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

MeenLoch, I am not experiencing hair loss that is not normal. My hair growth and loss has been the same as it was pre pregnancy. By the way does anyone know if the mother's hair always thins out after pregnancy? I have heard many people tell me it will happen, but some say their hair thickness is still the same as before pregnancy. So just wondering......

Viji, It is nice to know the baby's growth is good. But what the doc says is indeed surprising!! But it might also be the case that the baby may come after April first week, right? This reminds me of when my mom was pregnant with my brother. He always measured one month ahead of his supposed gestational age but was born on his due date. He just turned out to be a big baby. If you really do not want to take a risk, I think you can go to your mother's place in March itself. If you talk to the school authorities, I think they will be very helpful and agree to your son not having to write his annual exams. A friend of ours did this last year - their first kid was in UKG. So you might also want to find out about that. Sorry, I do not have any suggestions other than this. Hope you get to relax soon.

Regards,
    Anitha

8. vijjianand

vijjianand Junior IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    Thank you for your immediate response. Actually today I went through the reports of my first pregnancy. I had taken a scan in the 34th weeek and my son had weighed 2.2 kgs. During delivery which was 5 days ahead of due date my son weighed 3.3 kgs. I'm somewhat relieved now. I'm going to talk to the school authorities for leave. I'm planning to leave on march 26th. But I'm going to miss my hubby for nearly 3 months. How abt you all?

My doc has given me vitamin e capsules as I complained of back pain. My son is bothering me so much these days and it is taking a toll on my body.

Bye,
    Viji

9. Rishi_new

Rishi_new New IL'ite

due date

Hi ladies my due date is on 20th april,i am in my 30th week rt now
    i had a baby boy.i am really excited to have a first glance of him
    i am alone now,vth my hubby.my mother is in 3rd week of next month

but my weight gain is not so huge i gained upto 12 lbs

whats ur thoughts

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Re: due date

dear rishi,
    u need not worry. sometimes the gain in weight will be slow. since you are alone , here are some tips.
    eat healthy& nutritive food. have lots of fruits. since your due date is nearing do not eat too much salt. as for as possible avoid eating pickle. keep your mind calm. listen to good music. talk with your baby in the womb. do not be surprised. he can hear you& feel you. do walking. this is enough for this post. do not mistake me.
    with love
    pad.