1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extremely dry skin after Chickenpox

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mkclg, Feb 10, 2009.

1. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Dear All,

I am logging in after a long time coz Micky has not been keeping well since last month.1st he was infected with Chickenpox.He was cured in 6-7 days but he started passing loose motions .He did well for few days & again he is suffering from Viral Fever,cough & cold.
    He had developed a dry skin patch on both of his legs as soon as he recovred from chickenpox but it is spreading from his legs towards his hips.We are really worried for this.It is extremely dry & rough.I will take him to his pea. in a day or 2.Have any1 of u have experienced this?I apply lot of moisturiser om his legs but it is of no use.He has been given some homepathic medicines for teething coz his loose motions were really uncontrollable & He was having very disturbed sleep .Is it due to those medicines but as far as I know that these medicines do not have any side effects.

Thanks ,
    Monica

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Poor Micky, hope all the stupid ailments go away. Could it be totally unrelated like the weather or dry skin. Is he drinking enough water? Homoeopathy is so diluted it should not cause harm at all.

3. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Dear Krithika,

I was expecting u to revert me back 1st.U r such a sweetheart that always helps me whenever i am in need.How is lil K doing?
    Micky is recovring from cough & cold.He was so restless for 3-4 nights that Dr had to give him Phenargan to make him sleep.Yesterday only he slept for 7-8 hrs without Phenargan.Actually our neighbour's Kids are school going kids & Micky had cathched chickenpox from them only & they often suffer from cough & cold but their parents & grandparents are very casual about it.They both have been suffering from bad cough since last month but I havnt seen them to take them to Dr also.They think that even vaccination is nothing but giving medicines to kids.I told their grandmom that I shoud have made Micky immunized against chickenpox as soon as it was spreading but U know she laughed & said,"How long u will keep on giving him medicines?He has been surviving on medicines only since birth.He is not able to take milk also."
    I dnt talk to them much nor I did allow Micky to go to their home but still we r sharing same balcony ,same chhat .
    Anyways,Mciky has got dry skin only on legs.His facial skin is very soft.He would have developed dry skin everywhere if hes allergic to sumthing.Isnt it?

I will take him to Dr tomorrow & will update u.

Thanks,
    Monica

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I know how hard things can be on moms of pre-term babies, even the more marginal ones.
    I face exactly the opposite problem, I still breastfeed my child for various reasons and people harangue me about that. It is like they will find something wrong no matter what you do. I can understand you feel bad when someone says unkind things, but you're a good mother, dont let the grandma bully you. Hugs. Hope Micky gets well soon.