April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hey all,

How is it going for you? Just thought I'd say hi to all the mommies here. It has been some time since a lot of us got in touch. :) I am doing fine, have a test for GD (it seems they repeat it here every month starting from the 7th month) and the doc appointment this week. Hopefully, will get to see the baby again this week! Take care ladies, will look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Ciao,
    Anitha

2. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Hello All the mommies,
    Hope everyone is doing fine and having a great time.

Yes, Anitha it’s been a long time I didn’t post anything, somehow I became very busy in my office and at home I don’t have a maid servant these days so no chance to open my laptop at all. But I manager to read what you all are sharing :thumbsup

Sangi, as Anitha suggested I also feel very comfortable in Harem pants, I bought two of them from <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> and used to wear it either with a loose t-shirt or a small kurti, I even wear it while going to mall. In this country we get so much variety of maternity cloths. For me I bought track pants, half pants (<st1:place w:st="on">Capri</st1:place>) and for my office I bought few trousers and prefer to wear them with Indian Kurtis. All these lowers are adjustable from the belly (it has elastic at the top and we can adjust it as our belly grows) and stretchable as well. I feel very much comfortable with this.

About me, I had my 4D USG yesterday. It was really a great experience to see baby so closely and clearly, they had two big screens in the room to see the baby movements one was right in front of my bed and another was at my back. My husband and MIL both were also there in the room to see the baby After the checkup doctor gave us the colored printed photographs of the baby :cool2:

Doctor measured every part of the baby, his head, his stomach, his eyes, his fingers, back bone, lever, kidney, blood flow from my body to his body and what not. Doctor checked him for Down syndrome too. He found everything normal except one thing for which I got little worried i.e. as per my last menstrual date my baby should be 28 weeks and 5 days older but when doctor measured him he found baby is 29 weeks and 2 days older it means he is growing little faster than usual, so my due date can be prepone. Though doctor said there is nothing to worry about as of now because 5 days difference is acceptable but it shouldn’t be more than 5 days. He also told me that baby is l’ll longer and heavier than usual (may be in comparison with Indonesian babies). I am little scared now and confused too, because often people tells me that my tummy is very small and I don’t look 6 and half months pregnant then how come baby be more longer and heavier :idontgetit:

Today I have another appointment with my regular doctor who will see the reports and then I’ll try to clear all my doubts with him so that I can sleep peacefully. Till then can anyone tell me what should be normal weight of a baby during 28-29 weeks (may be Indian babies having different weight than Indonesian babies). And yes, I've gained 11 Kgs as of now but it doesn't show anywhere on me and i heard that normal weight gain in 9 months shouldn't be more than 12-15 kgs.

Ladies please clear my doubt on normal weight gain for mother and baby, I am going crazy thinking about it:spin

Suba, how about your 4D USG, hope it went well please do share your experience :)

Take care all
    Shilpa

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Shilpa,

Good to hear from you. And it is nie to hear a first hand experience of a 4D u/s. Regarding the weight gain, the "ideal" weight gain is 12-15 kgs, provided you have been at your correct weight when you conceived. In case you were at the lower end of the weight range, you will be expected to gain more. It is really nice that your weight gain doesn't show much - unlike folks like me. :) As regards the baby, I guess you might just be having a bigger baby. I do not think there is anything to worry about. Guess your doctor will be able to put your fears to rest. Here is a chart that shows the average weight of the baby as it grows, week by week - Average fetal length and weight chart Remember, this is only an average and the baby may actually weigh a little less or more than what the chart says, which is perfectly normal. Take care Shilpa.

Regards,
    Anitha

4. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    Thank you so much, you are always the first one to reply any concern or query we are having. Link you gave really helped me to understand the baby weight at each stage of our pregnancy. I couldn’t go to my doctor yesterday, coz caught up with some urgent work at my office but this link and information provided on this site really put my fear at rest. Thank you :thumbsup

Take Care
    Shilpa

5. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Shilpa, you are most welcome. I keep reading about all this stuff (you see loads of time on my hand as I'm not working currently :-D )and just share it whenever I can. Hope you've met your doc by now. By the way I was reading "What to expect..." and this is what it says - "there is no correlation between the size of the baby and how you are showing. You might have a big baby and not show much and vice versa". So I guess that should explain why you do not show as much as other people think you should. :)

By the way, where are all the other mommies???? :wave: to all of you out there. Guess you are all getting busy, but do drop in once in a while. It will be nice to have your support and get to know of your experiences. Will post later after my doc visit.

Regards,
    Anitha

6. vijjianand

vijjianand Junior IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    This is viji from chennai, expecting my second child. Your link was very useful. I underwent GTT and my doctor told me that I was near the upperlimit. She asked me to keep a check on starchy foods. I don't eat sweets much when I'm in chennai. But when I go to my parent's place during my son's holidays I'm pampered a lot. I've gained 10 kgs and don't look fat except for the tummy. But doc says I'm slightly overweight.

How abt you all guys. Like to know abt how much you ppl r gaining weight.

I'm leaving chennai to my native for delivery on apr 9th. I'm due on apr 19th. My son's exams get over on 9th apr. I'm hoping against hopes that nothing should happen before that.

Take care.
    Bye
    viji

7. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Thanks Anitha for the information, I felt relaxed after I read what a renowned book “What to Expect…..” says. My doctor also told me not to worry its normal as of now. :cheers

Hi Vijji, I am also sailing in the same boat, I gained approx 11 kgs but doesn’t show except from my tummy and doctor also told me that my baby is overweight but its normal and not to worry about it. So be relaxed.:thumbsup.

Shilpa

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

Viji, nice to hear from you. It is really wonderful that you and Shilpa don't show much. :) And hopefully your baby will be born after your son's exams - that will be a big relief for everybody.

I went to my doc visit last week - everything is fine. But the only fact that surprised me was the increase in weight - I've gained 15 kgs already!!! :spin My glucose levels are in the normal range, no BP and even the doctor is surprised. Especially as I have not taken ANY junk food all through my pregnancy. All I take is normal food at home, milk and fruits. All the doc said was there was nothing I could do now. Health wise, everything looks fine, so she asked me not to worry. I am just hoping I will be able to lose it all post delivery. :biggrin2: Dear husband keeps tellnig me though I've gained weight I still don't look fat - maybe I'll start believing him till the baby is out, if only to keep myself from worrying. bonk Will post later ladies.

9. drli

drli New IL'ite

Hey Ladies
    Hope all of you are doing good?
    Well! I was reading a lot on pregnancy too...every time i go to the library..i get a bunch of books
    n read them up... After a point my husband thought that I was imagining all the symptoms after reading it up. :).... That is not the truth though...anyway I stopped reading for now....cos pretty much all books cover the same stuff....I didnt wanna get oversaturated .

Anyway! I am doing good. baby is kicking .....but I dont sense it as much as I expect at this point. The doc says each pregnancy n every woman is different....so it nothing to worry abt as long as i feel something.
    Do your husbands feel the kicks from outside by placing their hands on your belly? well! this happened only once for me....but it was very exciting for both of us.

I wish I was in India...so i could wear salwars n harem pants.....be at home and get pampered :)
    Its too cold here in the US to wear any thing but jeans and layers of clothes n a thick jacket. It wont be spring until mid April-May.So I envy you all.with my jacket on...very few people notice that I am pregnant.

My doctor hasnt said anything about my weight so far...I must be doing ok
    As for weight gain ..I think our body takes over during pregnancy....how much we gain is not totally in your hands.
    all we can do is eat healthy and have a healthy life style.
    I think after delivery we start losing the weight....I heard that we lose a lot of weight when we breast feed.besides doing all the household work.
    ladies Take care
    and enjoy your pregnancy
    cos in a couple of months .life is going to be diffferent
    regards
    Merli

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  10. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    Congratulations on your pregrancy. I'm carrying my second baby. Due is Apr 5th. Anitha, Count me also in your list.

Thanks
    Geetha