1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oral Sex and Throat Cancer

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by notme, Nov 8, 2008.

1. notme

notme New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Today is the first time I'm actually reading posts in this forum, and I dont think I will be visiting much often either. However, the posts on Oral Sex interested me, its the best way I feel an orgasm, however, after reading a Reader's Digest article a few months ago about how a guy contracted Oral Cancer (at some point in time he had multiple partners), we've just stopped it altogether.

Now this is not meant to scare you or anything, and most of us Indian women only have one partner, however, who knows, the way Science is going, there might be a research 10 years later that says oral sex causes throat cancer. Just want to warn you guys.
    Google Oral Sex and Throat Cancer and read the results for yourselves and make your best judgements.

If there's anyone offended by this post, well, I'm sorry.

2. bazique

bazique New IL'ite

Quickly - oral sex does not cause throat cancer, but if one partner has the HPV virus, then oral sex can facilitate its spread. I read that article you refer to as well, and I looked it up and asked my medical doctor friends. So it totally depends on your and your partner's sexual history.

If you're still in doubt, see below:
    Oral Sex Can Add to HPV Cancer Risk - TIME

You can even look up the particular study in the NEJM to verify.

3. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

"Writing in New Scientist magazine, US researchers said the human papilloma virus, which causes most cervical cancers, may also cause oral tumours.

Experts say heavy smoking or drinking causes most mouth cancers, but the HPV link could help explain why some young adults develop the rare disease.

But they stressed people did not need to alter their behaviour.

The above report is of 2004 and later on there are no follow ups

So dont worry on this account if u are having a single partner and enjoy

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  4. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

I think you are a pervert trying to repost the same subject to see what ladies in this forum have to say. I will suggest you to take this elsewhere, we have plenty of smart women in here. Don't you see there are only 2 responds so far? Get lost really....Rant

2 people like this.
  5. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Hi

Safe Sex myth : Oral sex and anal sex are safe sex!

Fact: Oral sex is generally less risky as compared to unprotected anal sex. Though oral sex and anal sex does not result in pregnancy, but unprotected intimacy may lead to risk of sexually transmitted diseases like genital herpes, genital warts (caused by HPV), gonorrhea, hepatitis B, chlamydia, syphilis, and HIV.

Oral Sex may cause throat cancer than smoking in men. Researchers report in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, Ohio State University. Best suggestion would be to consult your doctor for medical evaluation.

Think Safe Sex!

Thanks

2 people like this.
  6. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

pressing problem, indeed!!

2 people like this.
  7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Focusing on medical issues alone:
    Note that there is a vaccine available that prevents HPV, meaning, HPV-related cancer is preventable. This is good to consider on its own merits, independent of the matter under discussion here.

8. CUTECINDY

CUTECINDY Senior IL'ite

hahaha .. fence sitter .. good one ...

9. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

It appears to me that some people wish to have a long life so much that they are forgetting to "live".

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012