Post Pregnancy - Postpartum Pains

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Divya Pillay, Oct 28, 2007.

1. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hemorrhoids after delivery

Hi Arth,

Hemorrhoids occurs usually after the delivery because of the strain applied in that area during contractions.

Constipation is another cause,so try and take food rich in fiber.

To relive the pain have Sitz bath(take luke warm water in a small tub,add a tb spoon of salt and sit),it really work in subsiding the pain.

Can have sitz bath as many times as you can,but it only gives relief.

Have plenty of water atleast 2lits of it a day.

Wish You to recover very soon.

Regards,
    lathaa.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. arth

arth New IL'ite

hi Lathaa,
    I am using an ointment now.I will use the sitz bath for pain relief.Thank u so much for ur reply.

thanks
    Arth

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

I dont know if i am late in my response,but i saw the post just now.

It is v common to get hemorrhoids after child birth due to the pressure we put during the process,even i got one.But trust me now it is completely gone inside.Do sitz bath atleast twice a day.Eat mild no or less spicy food.And avoid constipation at any cost.Drink benefiber if you want and take stool softner for sometime until u heal completely.
    Dont worry things will get better.
    Then if u r not able to sit,make a turban sort from a towel or dupatta where there is a hole in the center and sit on that (i hope u got what i was trying to say).I am not able to type much as i am in a hurry.
    Hope this helps and you get better soon.

suji

4. chayya

chayya New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Did anyone has the same, pls pass it on the details , even me to require the same as i am due next month .. help would be great support

Thanks
    Chayya

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  5. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Hello Arth,
    You can buy the sitz bath bowl in the drug stores..
    Also, you an buy a dough nut (round) shaped pillow in the drug stores...People with Hemorrhoids use this pillow to sit on it..

Hope you find some relief!

6. adismom

adismom Bronze IL'ite

Hi Arth
    I faced the same problem for 5 months without even knowing what it was...only when it became totally unbearable did I go to a doctor(how foolish of me to prolong it!)anyway...he asked me to have prune juice and a fiber rich diet.Also eating banana helped me.he prescribed citrucel for me and I recovered pretty fast.

hope you get well soon.

7. arth

arth New IL'ite

Hi Suji,Mridusudha,adismom
    Thank u all for ur concern.I visited a general physician and she prescribed Aarons cream and asked me to have barn serial.I started using raisin barn serial and applying the cream thrice daily.I am taking Senokot S stool softeners daily.The pain subsided to a great extent.I am thinking of continuing this procedure for 2 months.But the only concern is that as i am breastfeding,can i use the stool softeners for this long.Please let me know if anyone has an idea about this.

thank you,
    Arth.

8. preeti09

preeti09 New IL'ite

Hi Arth....

U r in the same boat as many new mothers are...

I dont think stool softners should do any harm for breastfeeding...

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Arth
    One really really good treatment for this that we use extensively here in USA is to make a compress of witch hazel. This is herbal remedy that is available all drugstores here. Ask the druggist how to find it. You take a cotton wool pad or some gauze type cloth and saturate it with the witch hazel and you can apply to either the stitiches area or the hemorrhoid area or both. It will reduce swelling and be very soothing.

Witch hazel is a cure all. You can also use it as facial toner, hair tonic, use for massage, apply to bruises and strains, or use it for after shave. It has a very nice smell.

Please try...you will like it.

Tina

10. rukmini_dhara

rukmini_dhara New IL'ite

Re: Anybody with 4th degree tear

Hi all,

I too have given birth recently, on 9th Jan, 2009, to a lovely baby girl. I too had a 4th degree tear. I still have a lot of pain, its been 5wks. I suffer fron fecal incontinence. This is the worst of all problems. Also, I seem to have a small fistule between my vagina and rectum, I can regularly feel gas escaping from my vagina. Can someone tell me if they had a similar problem and if and when I can get back to normalcy?

Thanks