Hanuman Pooja

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by kavinarayan, Sep 10, 2008.

1. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

any thursday or saturday, u start the pooja for hanuman. if the sitruation is critical,, u can start immediately. best wishes.

chitra.g

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    Everyday is a good day if god is with you,it is not necessary that you have to start it only on saturday or thursday...you can start the pooja anyday all you require is faith,faith,faith and lot of devotion and control of mind and body...
    i started this thread for everyone to be benefitted and to tell you god has given me answers so i tell you with wholw faith that you will get the answer for your prayer...i take head bath everyday for this pooja and once i was down with 105 degree fever but i insisted i will have head bath cos i felt god is testing me the fever lasted for 6 days and i could barely sit but those 15 mins of pooja hanuman used to give me the will power...the miracle is that the fever faded by itself in 6 days without consulting a doc...and from that day whatever be the climate hot or cold or freezing i never miss a day without head bath...im telling this cos you will have some obstacle a small one during this pooja but all you need is faith,humblness towards god and mind control....start the pooja on a good day with hanuman in mind...

kavi

3. gowthamanappu

Thanks for ur comments, I had posted the info. not to hurt, only to guide, I do take bath twice and do poojas. divinity is ultimate for me and my family, do welcome comments, then only we can go along learning the process of learning. I am a total devotee of Hanuman and we go to the local Banaswadi temple every sunday. we go to Ananthamangalam and do abishekam etc., every december, go thro. few rare hanuman pictures and get back.

best wishes

chitra.g

Note : My husband is visiting and collection various forms of Hanuman and details. If u know more, please write back.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  4. gowthamanappu

HERE ARE SLOKAS FOR HANUMAN WITH ENGLISH MEANING

humble pranams and best wishes

chitra.g

yathra yathra raghunatha keerthanam thathra thathra kruthamasthakanjalem |
    pashpavari paripurna lochanam maruthim namatha rakshasanthagam ||
    Sri Maruthi (Son of Wind God), the terror to demons (Rakshasas) is present wherever praise of Sri Rama is sung, with joyous tears in His eyes and folded hands over His head. To Him we offer our salutation (Namaskarams).

Manojavam maaruta tulya vegam Jitendriyam budhimataam varishtam |
    Vaataatmajam Vaanarayootha mukhyam Sri Rama dootam s'irasa namaami ||
    Lord Rama's emmisary,(sri Rama dootam) the foremost among the intelligentsia, (budhimataam varishtam) is swift as thought and equal to wind-God in speed (monojavam maaruth tulya vegam). I bow reverently my head (s'irasa namassmi) to that wind God's great son (vaaataatmajam)Hanuman, who keeps his sense organs ever under control (jitendriyam) and a leader of the army of the monkeys (vaanarayootha mukhyam).

Anjanaanandanam veeram Jaanaki s'oka naas'anam |
    Kapees'am Aksha hanthaaram Vande Lanka bhayankaram ||
    Anjaneya, the delight of his mother Anjana Devi (Anjanaanandanam) and the destroyer of the demon king Ravana's son Aksha, dispeller of the grief of the daughter of king Janaka (Jaanaki s'oka naas'anam), I salute(Vande) that heroic (veeram) monkey-leader Hanuman (Kapees'am), the source of terror to Lanka (Lanka bhaankaram).

Ullangya sindhoh salilam saleelam yah s'oka vanhim janakatmajaayaah |
    Aadhaya tenaiva dhadaaha lankaam Namaami tam praanjaliraanjaneyam ||
    My obeisance to Anjaneya with palms joined (tam praanjaliranjaneyam), who having leapt across the deep sea (salilam) in a playful manner (sa leelam) and picking up the fire of grief of Jankakumari (janakatmajaayaah s'oka vanhim), burnt Lanka with the very same (tenaiva) fire of grief.

Goshpathy kritha vaaraas'im mas(h)akee kritha raakshasam |
    Ramayana mahaa maalaa Ratnam vande anilaathmajam ||
    Sri Anjaneya sprang across the ocean effortlessly, as if crossing a Cow's hoof (goshpathy) and crushed many ogres, like mosquitoes. My obeisance(vande) to Son (aathmajam) of wind God (Anila) who shines as a pendent on great Ramayana necklace (Mahamaala).

Aanajeyam atipaatalaananam kaanchanaadri Kamaneeya vigraham |
    Paarijaatatarumoola Vaasinam Bhaavayaami pavamaana nandanam ||
    Son of Anjanadevi (Aanajeyam) and the wind God (pavamaana nandanam) who is deep red-faced (ati paatala aananam) and who's body radiates like that of the golden mountain (kaanchanaadri Kamaneeya Vigraham) and has the Paarijaata celestial tree as His abode, I bow down with reverence (Bhaavayaami) Thee.

budhdirbalam yaso' dhairyam nirbhayatva-maro'gata |
    ajadatyam vakpatutvam ca hanumatsmaranadbhavet ||
    Wisdom (budhi), physical strength (balam), fame (yashas), courage, valor (fearlessness), good health, vigilance, eloquence, (all these) are bestowed upon meditating on the Lord Hanuman.

Atulita-bal-shamam, hemshailabhadeham
    Danuja-vana-krishanam, gyaninamagraganyam
    Sakalagunanidhanam, vanaranamadheesham |
    Raghupativardootam, Vatajatam namami ||
    He who is the repository of immense power with a body glittering like a mountain of gold; who is verily the jungle-fire to incinerate the jungle of demons; the exalted scholar, the mine of all virtue and the master of apesand monkey(vanaramam)- I bow in reverence to such of the wind god, Lord Hanuman, the nenowed ambassador of Lord Rama.

Aamushi krutha marthaandam goshpathi krutha sagaram ||
    thrunee krutha dasagreevam Anjaneyam namamyaham ||
    He, who tried to devour the rays of the Sun in one stroke, who crossed the sea as if it is the distance between the front and back legs of the cow , who considered Ravana (Dasagriva) as trifle like grass and ignored him, - I pay obeisance to that Anjaneya.

asaadhya sadhaka swamin asaadhyam thavakim vadha ||
    ramadootha krupasindho mathkaryam sadhaya prabho ||
    He, who could achieve that which is impossible, who could do even the most difficult things- Swamin! Hey Swami- Please tell me: Is there anything that you cannot do? You are the ambassador of Lord Rama, you are the ocean of ompassion; Prabho (Prabhu in Sanskrit has the meaning - One who can do, undo and do in another way) please help me in discharging my duties and responsibilities.

sarva kalyana thaatharam sarvaapadhgana vaarakam ||
    apara karuna murthim anjaneyam namamyaham ||
    Hey Anjaneya ! who is the giver of all good things, who protect from all adversaries, who is the
    repository of immeasurable love and compassion, I pay my obeisance to you.

doorikirutha sitarthi prikateekirutha rama vaibhava spurithi: ||
    dharita dasamukha kirthi: puratho mama pathu hanumato murti: ||
    May Lord Hanuman, who got rid of the sufferings of Sita, who brought out succinctly the character and special qualities of Lord Rama, who brought down the fame of Ravana, standing before me, protect me.

Khyatah: SriRamaduth: Pavanatanubhavah: Pingalaksah: Sikhavan
    Sita Sokapahari dasamukhavijayi Lakshmanapranadata |
    Aneta Bhesajadreh: Lavanajalanidheh Langane Diksito yah:
    Virasriman Hanuman mama manasi Vasan Karyasidhmadhim tanotu ||
    Let veera Sriman Hanuman lives in my mind and guide me in every aspect and lead me to victory. This Hanuman, known as the Ramadootha - the messenger of Sri Rama - was born to the Wind God Pavana, the Vayu, his eyes are light yellow in colour, has long hair. He is the one who helped Sita to get rid of her sorrow by conquering the Dasamuka rakshasa, Ravana; gave life to Lakshmana when he was lying unconscious bringing the herbal mountain itself for this purpose (as he had no time to search and select the proper medicinal herbs) and this is the same Hanuman who showed that he has the capability of crossing the Ocean.

Sarvarista nivarakamam subhakaram Pingaksamaghapaham
    Sitanveshana tatparam kapivaram Kotindu Surya prabham |
    Lankadvipa Bhayankaram sakaladam Sugriva sammanitam
    Devendradi samasta Deva vinutam Kakustha dutam Bhaje ||
    My salutations to this Hanuman who always brings subham - everything that is good - for his devotees and eliminates the bad and the evil. He removes even the traces of bad thoughts and deeds from his devotees. i.e he makes them pure in words, thought and deed. With eyes yellow in colour, he is said to be the best among the kapi- the monkeys. He is the one as bright as koti Suryas and koti Chandras (million Suns and Moons) who went in search of Sita. He was a threat to the island of Lanka, but for his devotees he is the one who bestows everything. He was praised by Sugriva. Being the messenger of Rama (the descendent of Kakusth dynasty) he is revered by all Devas including Indra.

Anjana Nandanam Veeram Janaki Soka
    Naasanam, Kapeesa Maksha Hantharam ,
    Vandhe Lanka Bhayankaram

Meaning: Salutations to the terror of Lanka, Who is heroic the son of Anjana, Who brought to an end all sorrows of Sita, Who is the king of Monkeys, and Who killed Aksha, the son of Ravana

Raamaaya Ramabadraaya Ramachandraaya Vaydasey Raghunaadaaya Naadaaya Seethaaya Pathaye Namo Namah

Meaning: My salutations to Bhagawan Sri Rama, the protector of all, one who knows all, the descendant of the Raghu dynasty, the husband of Sita and the Bhagawan of the entire universe.

2 people like this.
  5. s63in

s63in New IL'ite

please cannot open the picture of hanumanji for tail puja.i have also become a member of that link and also activated my code.still i cannot open the pictures of jaymangala hanumanji.can someone scan the pic and post it?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  6. s63in

s63in New IL'ite

plse send thr photo again.have been waiting for it.is it true that females should not worship hanumanji who is facing south direction?

7. s63in

s63in New IL'ite

can u plse scan this pic and post it?

8. gowthamanappu

I think U r asking for this hanuman called Kalki vinu hanuman, normally, tail pooja is done for this picture in south especially tamil nadu.

see other hanuman pictures posted in photos/deities, seems to be Hanuman bakthai. reply.

best wishes./chitra.g
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to do Puja

Puja is a sacred practice of reverence, honor, adoration or worship from the devotee towards the Almighty. Puja could mean different things to different people. For Puja, all you need to have is a devoted heart full of love for the divine. The merciful God overlooks the shortcomings of men if they follow the path of spirituality with devotion. So, minor faults don’t really matter, if the devotion is sincere. God is kind and grants blessings to the devotees with sincere heart.

How is Puja Celebrated?
    According to Hinduism, a formal puja consists of meditation (dhyana), austerity (tapa), chanting (mantra), scripture reading (svadhyaya), offering food (thaal) and prostrations (panchanga or ashtanga pranama, dandavat). People apply tilaka on their forehead with sandalwood paste, and a vermillion dot (kumkum Chand) in its centre. The centre of the forehead is considered as the crucial point suggesting the omnipresence of the Divine. Puja is generally concluded with aarti to the lord.

Puja can be celebrated by an individual person or in gatherings. The ceremony may be done in silence or accompanied by prayers. Sometimes a puja is done for the benefit of certain people, for whom people ask blessings.

Steps of a Puja
    Each and every sect, family or an individual have their own way of doing Puja. Every time when you say “samarpayami” (I m offering), offer two akshatha with love and devotion to the lord.
    (Akshatha is uncooked rice; if possible color it with kumkum, saffron powder, turmeric and a little bit of water. This can be made for a week in advance and can be kept near the Alter)
    A typical Puja involves the following 27 steps:
    · Dhyaanam Samarpayami (Think or meditate on the Lord)
    · Aawaahanam Samarpayami (Offering invitation the Lord)
    · Aasanam Samarpayami (Offer a seat to the Lord)
    · Paadyam Samarpayami (Offer water to wash the feet)
    · Arghyam Samarpayami (Offer water to wash the hands)
    · Aachamaneeyam Samarpayami (Offer water to drink)
    · Snaanam Samarpayami (Give bath to the Lord)
    · Maha Abhishekam Samarpayami (Give main head bath to the Lord)
    · Pratishtaapayaami (Make him seated)
    · Vasthram Samarpayami (Offer clothes to the Lord)
    · Yajnopaveetham Samarpayami (Offer the Holy Thread)
    · Gandham Samarpayami (Offer sandalwood paste/powder)
    · Akshatham Samarpayami (Offer Akshatha/ Rice)
    · Pushpam Samarpayami (Offer Flowers to the Lord)
    · Ashthothtra Poojam Samarpayami (Offer the holy 108 names)
    · Dhoopam Aaghraapayaami (Offer Fragrance / Agarbatti)
    · Deepam Darshayaami (Offer light to the lord)
    · Neivedyam Samarpayami (Offer Food to the Lord)
    · Phalam Samarpayami (Offer Fruits to the Lord)
    · Taamboolam Samarpayami (Offer betel nut and leaves)
    · Dakshinam Samarpayami (Offer money to the Lord)
    · Maha Nirajanam Samarpayami (Offer aarti to the Lord)
    · Pradakshinam Samarpayami (Taking clockwise rounds of arti)
    · Namaskaram Samarpayami (Offer Prostrations)
    · Mantra Pushpam Samarpayami (Offer incantations and flowers)
    · Praarthanaam Samarpayami (Offer prayers, request your desires)
    · Kshamaapanam Samarpayami (Offer apologies & ask for forgiveness)

Hanuman Pooja is really beneficial for all those who want to attain strength, wisdom and knowledge. The worship of Shri Hanuman ji, the monkey God cures all illness and gives courage to fight the illness. Hanuman Puja provides peace of mind as well. Following things are required for Hanuman Puja.
    Requirements: Hanuman Murti, Hanuman Yantra, Red Cloth, Kumkum, Supari, Gur, Flower, Rice, Water, Panchamrit
    Day : Any Tuesday
    Time : Early Morning
    Place Hanuman Murti and Hanuman Yantra on red cloth on any platform.
    · Put kumkum (vermillon) on Hanuman Murti as well as on Yantra.
    · Put kumkum (vermillion) on your forehead.
    · Light agarbatti (incense) and diya (earthen lamp) in front of Murti.
    · Pour panchamrit on Lord Hanuman Murti and yantra.
    · Pour pure water on Lord Hanuman Murti and Yantra as well.
    · Take some water in your hand. Think of your wish you want to get done and pray to the lord for its fulfillment.
    It is very important during the puja to have chaste mind and good thoughts. Trust the lord and keep faith that your wish would be fulfilled. Again put kumkum on Lord Hanuman Murti and Hanuman Yantra. Keep some water near the place of worship. Put rice, flowers, supari and gur (jaggery) in front of the Yantra, fold your hand and recite the following mantras.
    Aum Rambhaktaye Namah
    Aum Mahatejse Namah
    Aum Kapirajaye Namah
    Aum Mahablaaye Namah
    Aum Dhronadriharakaye Namah
    Aum Merupeethkarchanaye Namah
    Aum Daskhinasha Bhaskaraye Namah
    Aum Karkaye Namah
    Aum Sarvvighan Nivarkaye Namah

While chanting each mantra place a supari with vermillon on it, in front of the yantra. After this, chant the following mantra (at least 5 mala):
    Manojavam Maarutatulyavegam
    Jitendriyam Buddhimataam Varistham,
    Vaataatmajam Vaanarayoothmukhyam
    Sriramdootam Saranam Prapadhye.

recite ashtothra or even sahasranama if u have time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
    2 people like this.
  9. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitraji

Thank you very much for the good explanations you have given for the pooja.

The picture is very nice. I have it in my home the same picture for doing this tail pooja.

10. thavamalar

thavamalar Senior IL'ite

hi IL's, may I ask what do we do with the Hanuman Ji picture upon the completion of the Pooja? Can we continue to keep it in the altar?:)

thanks,
    Thavamalar