Check here - the Shlokas Index

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I suggest you to get it from Giri Trading agency online.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. codisil

codisil Guest

Hello maam , the collection is simply superb. Aslo i have a small request If there is any way you can tell where i can get these slokas in telugu..Taht would be more comfortable forme to read. I know it might be asking too much but i would really appreciate ur help.

3. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hello Aunty

How r u? hope u r doing good. U might be wondering where did I disapper!!

Hooked up with some threads!!!

But the reason why i did not contact u so far is: I was just waiting for the day to complete ..... to tell you that Now i have learnt all puja steps and slokas and can do on my own without refering to print outs. Even have learnt shlokas of God & goddess worshipped at home.

I have made a file of all the Shlokas, AshTottara naamas, AshTakam, Aarti songs for Lord Ganesh, Lord Shiva,Vishnu, Krishna, Rama, Anjaneya, Godess Parvati, Laxmi, Saraswati, Tulsi and kubera lakshmi.

I do follow all these on respective days as well as on festival days.

I feel very content now after doing puja daily and I am very happy and feel proud to say that I leant all these from u.

Thank u so much Aunty Thanks for everything.:bowdown

Shall contact you for any further detail i require from u.

I forgot to ask u about the vaiKunta ekadashi fasting. What items are we supposed to/can eat on ekadashi?

4. Chitvish

I am sorry, this is totally unknown to me! Brosing the net widely may give you some clue!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Suma Baby, I saw your name in all Kannada threads! Good! Do whatever you enjoy, in IL!!
    I am very proud that you are taking so much of interest in religious pursuits!! Pray God bless you & yours, Suma!
    Stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hello chitra Aunty Thank u so much for ur blessings.

Yeah u r true contributing in some kannada therads.

I forgot to ask u about the vaiKunta ekadashi fasting. What items are we supposed to/can eat on ekadashi day? (Specailly Ekadashi day and also any other fasting days like SankashTi)

And also Aunty u know as u prepared doc abt all festivals i have also started with Sankranti and its celebrations keeping ur doc as base, added all the customs we follow at home for 3-4 days .... Sandhu (My hubby) was so happy.

U r my inspiration for doing all such things. Thanks aunty. Love you. :)

Next is shivarathri... as u suggested i'll keep that shiva parvati puja doc for the day and shall ask My MIL abt the other customs.

Thanks again Aunty. bye for now

Take care

7. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

Respected Chitra Aunty.Can you please tell me how many times do one chant the shlokas?Is it always 108 times ?It would be very helpful if you could add the number of times to be chanted.Thank you so much.I am new to this site.And this is the part I love the most here.You devotion remibds me of my grandmothers whom I miss very much and have long ago .......Thank you once again.

8. Chitvish

Dear Maya,
    There is no limit to the no:. It is purely one's convenience & interest. It can vary from 12 to 108 or even more!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much . I am actually from eastern part of India . Here I have learnt about Soundaryalahiri and I am listening to it .Thank you so much for doing such a wonderful work . I love South India . It is so beautiful ....the temples , the food...everything .I have been there 4 times ...and would go there again.

10. mtkm

mtkm New IL'ite

Hi chitra ma'am

I would really appreciate if u can post Bhuvaneshwari Astrothram. I really need it badly but am unable to get it online/bookstore(US).Tried giri trading but they don't have it in english.Please help me..Thanks in advance.Take care.

regards
    latha