1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Can eggs be boiled in microwave???

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by geevee68, Jan 5, 2009.

1. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Can u boil eggs in microwave without breaking? If so,please tell me the settings like temparature & the time taken.

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Yep.... Apparently you can! I have tried to do it once & it was disasterous :spin The egg exploded!!! It was a sight! Not to forget the clean-up & the odor. Rant

But after surfing for the answer, was able to find two. IT seems like this will work.

A. Put eggs in microwave safe bowl with enough water to cover the eggs. Microwave on high until water begins to simmer/boil (10-15 minutes depending on microwave wattage and the volume of water in the bowl). Turn off microwave and place a plate over the bowl to hold in the heat. Leave covered bowl in microwave for 15-20 minutes. Don't skip the last step since the eggs will actually be cooking in the hot water while covered.
    This will make perfect hard boiled eggs without the greenish ring around the yolk. The eggs will not explode using this method.

B. Half fill a cup with water, then bring to the boil in microwave. Cover egg completely with alfoil making sure no shell is showing. Place egg in boiled water in cup and microwave on high for four minutes. Perfect every time. <!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN itxtvisited="1">

Be sure to give all your attention to this, as water boils very fast & can cause severe burns.

Do let me know who it went..... :thumbsup<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN itxtvisited="1">

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ......................

I have yet to try this method.

Will surely let u know......................

4. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

geevee68,

now a days you get egg boilers for microwave...they r very easy to boil...they get in any shop which sells steel appliances or hot boxes...and they are very cheap Rs 150- 200..

hope you get them in ur place

skavi

5. Sumathii

Sumathii New IL'ite

Hi

Can you let me know how to use the egg boilers? I have seen some plastic ones...guess they are the ones to be used for microwaves..how are we supposed to use them?

Thanks

Sumathee

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you skavi.I did not know about egg boilers.I`ll look up the next time i go for utensil shopping.
    I do hope the directions to use are given too along with that.

Geevee