Planing to Concieve

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by meenal80pune, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Riya007

Riya007 Senior IL'ite

Re: how to get pregnant

Hi Jai,

If you google up "ovulation calculator" on the internet, you just need to put in the last date of your menstrual period and how many days are there between your periods and it comes up with ovulation dates, those are the days when you should try in order to have a baby.

Riya

2. jayanthisuresh

jayanthisuresh Gold IL'ite

hi
    i have thyroid problem what steps should i take to get pregnant .
    if we have thyroid is it difficult to get conceive .
    should i consult any doctor

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jai,

If u have Thyroid problem, it will be better to consult a gynec. They will guide u on this better...
    Thyroid problem has effect on conceiving....

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Thyroid has an greater effect on ovulation.Consult a doctor so that they may put you on medicine.

Also if the thyroid is abnormal,it may harm the fetus too if you conceive now.First let the thryoid to normal and then try to conceive.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  5. Vidhya Mohan

Vidhya Mohan Senior IL'ite

Hi jayanthi,
    Dont worry. Even i have thyroid problem(Hypothyroidism).
    Iam taking thyronorm now. All these are curable.You will bcum pregnant soon .All the best.

6. perform

perform New IL'ite

newly married

i am newly married.i have some queries to be clarified.
    wat r safe date?
    to conceive how many days it takes if everything works out well.
    how many days it will take wait to find out you r pregnant

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  7. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Re: newly married

Hello,

First, Congrats on your wedding.... Hope u r having a great time :)

Safe dates are the dates when it is safe to be intimate without using any protection. (as in you wont get pregnant) All days apart from ovulation period are safe dates. The ovulation period is the period when you should be looking into if you are trying to get pregnant.
    To determine this, You should start counting the days from the day your periods start for calculating the following:
    If you have a regular 28 day cycle, ovulation day begins around 14th day..Generally 5 days before and 5 days after this day is considered as risky dates...meaning, there is a high probability of pregnancy if you have intercourse during this timeframe.

All other days are considered "Safe". It is possible to conceive in "safe" dates also...just that the probability is much lesser!! There are always exceptions and I've seen many friends getting pregnant in "safe dates" as well...

Hope you got it...

Nowadays there are tests available to predict ovulation period as well...so if you are trying to have a baby you can try one of those. Or google up ovulation period and you can see soo many ways of calculating it using basal body temperature or by tracking your cervical mucus. I am not going to tell all those in detail as you can search for it online...

I did not quite get this...
    It requires a lot of patience and timing to get pregnant. Once you start trying, it may take a few days, few months or few years as well in some cases...Not to scare you or anything but thats just how it is...You can never predict when you are going to get pregnant.

If indeed you are pregnant, you can test the day you miss your period (using the urine test strips available in stores). Nowadays there are tests that can predict 5 days earlier.

Am also pretty new to the whole getting pregnant area...so senior ILites, correct me if any of the above is wrong.

8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
  9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: newly married

Hi Peform,
    Welcome to IndusLadies. Please read forum etiquette to get some guidelines of this site.
    Vidya has given you the information for your quention. Please refer to the already exsisting thread on this topic which manjulats have mentioned.
    In TTC(Trying To Conceive), you cannot predict when you will get pregnant. Its by nature & by GOD wish. You need to have lots of patience & be cheerful to succeed in TTC. Try not to gain stress. Eat healthy. If you are above average weight, try reducing it & be fit. All these things will help in TTC.

Take care. Wish you a happy married life.

10. rin

rin New IL'ite

Hi all
    i am very new to this thread..and for all these facts too
    i married in may initially me n my hubby decided not to have baby for two years but yesterday only he asked me "we should not delay and ttc asap"
    as he is in his 29th year etc.
    problem is not this its come to me like a shock and surprise.......i am happy,afraid,tense etc.
    i am doing prepration like i have to catch a train or to begin a big project.
    plz ladies help me to handle all this and teach me some.
    i am planing to visit a gync for normal check up as i wanna know i m really fit now to start as i m little weak.
    pls tell me what should be my next step.....need your advise.

rin