1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to my diet

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by nivedhita, Jan 21, 2009.

1. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am new to indusladies and this is my first post. I have read many articles and found it very useful.

I am 27 n married and trying hard to lose weight for the last 3 months with no sucess. Unfortunately it does not include any excercise( as I am not able to manage time between home n work), just minor changes to diet which is not helping that much.

I take rice only for lunch, for breakfast I have oats and evening I have some tiffin along with coffee. I have about 5 cups of coffee in a day, 1 cup of milk before I go to bed . I do drink about 1.2 lts of water. I eat about 4 busicuits in my coffee break.

Please let me know what is that I am doing wrong. I feel I am eating less but it is not showing improvement in my weight loss.

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi,

please include lots of salad and fresh fruits in your diet. have a heavy breakfast, light lunch and very light dinner like soup only and drink 2.5 litres of hot water through out the day.
    Maintain a diary whereby you write what you have eat the entire day. cut down on your coffee

good luck

alpa:cheers

3. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Hey thanks for the inputs Alpa. Hopefully will start these changes from today..

thanks again

4. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

hi nivedhita

the very main thing missing in your effort is "EXCERCISE" dear. you have to find time for that. you can try wake up 40 min earlier, start by going for a 30-40 min walk .....if not daily , at least 5 days a week. if you get time, you can learn/ practise aerobics, or yoga or may be go to gym..... but YES, walking is very effective.....slowly mix it with jogging!! I bet you'll increase your stamina!!
    like alpa said, include lots of fruits and fresh greens in your diet. you can adjust to soups or salads for supper. avoid fried food, avoid refined food as much as possible. and include lots of fibre in your diet. and pls dear, 5 cups of coffee!!! its like slow poisoning you self!!!
    try the GM diet , and you can do it once a while, like may once in two months....its cleansing!! you can find it on the net. it sure works!!!
    once again, start with excercise!!:thumbsup

happy journey to losing weight!!:)
    cheers

5. KBN

KBN Guest

hi nivedhita ,

I can tell you an example of my cousion who had lost 60 pounds ( 30 kgs ) in 7 months .

morning he used to get up by 4 a.m. and do walking upto 6.a.m. ( 2 hrs walking ) .

in breakfast - he used to have fruits ( papayya , apple , oranges , pomogronates , guava etc )

11 a.m. - 1 glass carrot juice

1- 00 p.m. - 4 pulkas with 2 curries and 1 cup curd .

4 -00 p.m. - fruits

8 -00 p.m. -- dinner with 3 pulkas n curry n butter milk

this is his daily shedule .

saturday 's he used to have only fruits .

sunday 's he used to have rice with non -veg for lunch and pulkas for dinner .

he is maintaining the same reduced weight without weight gain from past 3 yrs

before i used to believe that a person can never reduce like this .

but now i can say it is possible for us if we can follow with determination n will power .

good luck

thanks ,

bindu

6. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

I think you r consuming lot of milk...try to cut down your coffee intake and go for fat free milk...you see a big difference

Skavi

7. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Dear anaamika, kbn and skavi

Thanks all for your inputs.. Will try following these for the next 3months and see what happens.

8. AlwaysInAHurry

AlwaysInAHurry New IL'ite

Nivedhita, As Anamika suggested, it is very important to exercise. Even if you manage to lose weight via diet control, you will not have a fit body if you do not workout. Try walking for 10 minutes in stead of a coffee break. You do not have to walk all 40 minutes in one stretch in the beginning. You can break it down to 10 minutes walks 4 times a day and slowly build it up. What ever you are having in the evening for dinner, replace it with fruits and a salad. Do not drink coffee in the evening. Try to do some situps and leg lifts, pushups while watching TV at night. There are lot of subtle things you can do to change the sedentary lifestyle.

Padma.

9. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

thanks padma for replying.. will try to follow this

10. aruna1998

aruna1998 New IL'ite

Hi

I am new to Indusladies as well. Every diet says we need to drink lots of water. I want to know if anyone has this problem-everytime I drink water I need to go to the toilet in 10 minutes. This is a problem for me as I work in customer services and cannot be going every 10 minutes. Has anyone got this problem or can someone please tell me what I can do?

Thanks
    Aruna