Good Tailors in chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by ramya_psk, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,
    try the Ramlok shop, opposite to the Anna Nagar wext depot. They are basically pattu saree dry cleaners, but now they carry out stitiching also. It is on the main road itself.

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Blouse?

Hi
    Ramya,

Have you stitched your blouse and which shop have you given? Let me also know.:-D

3. Mamon

Mamon New IL'ite

Looking for a good tailor to stitch designer Salwar Churidars

Hi Everybody,

I am very new to chennai.
    I need to know about a good ladies tailor, who can stiitch dreeses with Good fitiings and good desighngs and neck lines or stitches desighner Salwar Churidars,, as i feel its quite rare to find good tailors and if they are not good they can ruin a dress.
    I think this is the best place i can ask help for.

Do u have any boutiques where in u get readymade salwar kameez which is not so expensive yet real good.

Please let me know...

Thanks and will be waiting for the responses.

4. tsltamizh

tsltamizh New IL'ite

Good Tailor in Chennai

Hello all,

I am going to India soon and i would like to do some dress shoppin there. Can someone suggest me a good tailor in south madras area. The tailor should be able to stitch the models i show. Planning to stitch kurtis, salwars and skirts.

Whats the best place to buy dress materials?

Tamizh

5. safoorabi

safoorabi New IL'ite

Re: Blouse?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Raju Tailor, opposite Kilpauk Telephone Exchange on Pursalwakkam High Road. He does a good job and fast too. He charges Rs. 100/= normally for a blouse. The fitting is good. You give him the material in the morning, you can collect your stitched blouse the same evening. You can give him your measurements or any right-fitting blouse for measurement.:2thumbsup:

6. ramya_psk

ramya_psk Senior IL'ite

Re: blouse stitching

Hi,

i normally used to give my blouse there (raju) ,but the cost is too high .He is charging RS 250 for pattu blouse.
    i tried in many shops listed by Krishnamma and rajmi,but it was a short span of time so,no other i gave in raju again.

ramya

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good Tailor in Chennai

Hi Tamizh,

I saw your mail. You can go through the thread 'blouse stitching' or

just click here to know some addresses. But it is better to visit the whole

thread.:)

8. anuu

anuu New IL'ite

Re: Good Tailor in Chennai

Hi Tamizh,

You can buy dress materials from Nalli,pothys,Nalli 100 etc.They have a good collection out there.Try to get running material and mix n match ur clothes.And in pantheon road,egmore there a lot of shops spread in the entire street where they sell dress materials and for daily home wear I get it from there and some have lasted for about 3 yrs for me inspite of washing in the machine so u could try there also.

As far as tailoring goes,theres a tailoring shop called CHITRAAS in valasaravakkam.I guess I have tried about 40 to 50 tailors in the past and nothing worked out so much for me as this shop and I was greatly pleased with the way these guys stitched.I was suprised to see a lot of people from all around the city come to stitch there.They do excellent embroidery work on the material and they will be able to stitch in any model u want.They even sell pretty dress materials in chitraas.The shop is located right on the main road(arcot road)The phone number of the shop is 24860117.Good Luck with ur shopping and Have a great trip.

Love,
    Anuu

9. usharaman

usharaman New IL'ite

Hi vidhya

I am new to this site. I saw ur reply and hence this request. I am going to Madras in the first week of May. I need a very good tailor to stich my silk sari blouses. I prefer BOmbay cut? Does ur friend stich blouses, if so can u post her name and contact no. I will be staying in Mylapore. I might need in a short frame of time. thanx

usha

10. usharaman

usharaman New IL'ite

Hi vidhya

I am new to this site. I saw ur reply and hence this request. I am going to Madras in the first week of May. I need a very good tailor to stich my silk sari blouses. I prefer BOmbay cut? Does ur friend stich blouses, if so can u post her name and contact no. I will be staying in Mylapore. I might need in a short frame of time. thanx

usha