1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on Wearing a Saree: -

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by padmaiyangar, Aug 3, 2007.

1. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

Sari reflects style, grace, sense and elegant. Sari enhances an increases the beauty, personality
    It is important to drape a Sari in proper manner s to look perfectly dressed. Properly dressed Sari has greater appearance.
    Few Tips on Wearing a Saree: -
    • Slim women should wear Cotton Sari , Tissue Sari , Tapeta Silk Sari , Tussar silk Sari , so that they may look beautiful, attractive and Healthy.
    • Healthy women should wear Georgette Sari , Chignon Sari , Maysoor silk Sari , or Chiffon Sari so that they may look beautiful, attractive and slim.
    • Shorter women should wear the Sari with small borders or no borders and in dressed position the lining on Sari , if so, should appear horizontal to the earth so that they may look beautiful, attractive and tall.
    • Longer women should wear the Sari with big borders and in dressed position the lining, if so, on Sari should appear parallel to the earth so that they may look beautiful and attractive.
    • Fair complexion women should wear dark color Sari so that they may look beautiful, attractive.
    • Dark complexion women should wear light color Sari so that they may look beautiful, attractive.
    • ( source - web site on sarees )

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

nice tips..

A fair person, I guess can wear both dark and light colors.. But a dark person I dont think wearing "only" light works out. For example.. if a dark person wears a light pink color, thats not going to look beautiful on them... I guess, one had to chose the color that compliments their skin.. For a dark colored person, a magenta would work too.. but it depends on the shades she chooses, me thinks.

Also, I heard that if your shoulders are small.. I mean from neck to the tip of your shoulders are very small.. saree might be that great.. better of to be with a chudidhar.

3. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the tips to both of u. As Nandhu say, all light color do not suits for dark complexion. But according to me, either fair or dark, wearing saree is really beautiful for all our Indian Ladies. Just a simple plain coloured saree also looks good on everyone. Anyway, thanks friends, it is really helpful for everyone. Suni :p

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  4. rsindhuja

rsindhuja Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your useful tips

5. Vaishnavi Mohan

Vaishnavi Mohan New IL'ite

Hi
    I agree with nandhu. Not all light colors goes well with dark complexion.
    Mustard color is one more good match for dark complexion. but watch out it is not too bright mustard.

Vaishnavi