Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

WOW, POO!
    Both look absolutely tempting. You have got CP, 100 % perfect in colour & I give you "distinction" marks for it!!
    Never go by the autocook feature or timings in MW - that does fail occasionally.
    I buy India Gate (?) Basmathi & find, it becomes 1/2 " long on cooking!!
    Anyway these branded ones, though very expensive, are worth the money, Poo!!
    Now, what is going to be the Anniversary Special?? :)
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Thanks, Chitra, for your endearing comment!!
    After all, we do eat everyday without fail - then why not do it with full interest & devotion as though it is a Yajna & offering to Annapurani??
    lOve,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Latha! Pongal is associated with Man vasanai & hence tamil! :)
    Inspite of sambar & chutneys, my eternal favourite for idli-dosai is podi!!
    With curds is a must. But only problem is, I just gobble up more than what I would like to, invariably holding Kalki or Vikatan in my left hand & reading!! :coffee
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Dear, dear FP, if you had lived anywhere in Chennai, I would be dragging you every time to "click" the photos. They are unbelievable, frankly!! I am surprised you got them so well with brown sugar!! You have become a fusion-expert & I feel there is an artist in you as your name reveals!!
    Great going, FP.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Thankyou, Ragini!
    Please write to me what Karnataka style Sakkare Pongal is all about, for my own academic interest!! The date-honey pongal has scored a clear margin over kichdi dhal pongal which is equally creamy!!
    I enjoy posting step by step photos too because nothing can equal a visual effect!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear NS,
    I made Oats Bisebella Bhath with so much enthu,immediately after coming back from office..I was sure,it would come out well but kanna paturthu..the last stage..I pressure cooked it..it got burnt on the the underside and I immediately took it out of stove.Mine is a electric gas stove..so couldn't make out if the burnt smell was from my stove or pressure cooker..Nevertheless..i took it out and thank god,I could take out some bhath from top and last bit ..adi piduchutthu.....there was a burnt smell..but we still had it with pineapple raitha.
    I think,next time,I won't keep the bhath directly but put it inside vessel to avoid burning....lesson learnt bonk..still we loved the dish.sadly,there was no smell of the nice powder,I had hand pound...:crazy :).I will make this dish again and send you my Fb again.
    Thanks for the dish NS..I am sure,it would be very tasty,had I not burnt it bonk

7. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

hi chithra mam,

how ru?
    missed u and IL very much.very busy with guests being aroung at my place for 3 weeks and in house hunting.....next week we r going to shift to another house.
    seems a lot must be happening.i have to keep track of all that.....
    yesterday made pongal with kalasamelara kuzambu....photo wont be photogenic but instantly just took a snap for u ........
    believe me,i've been trying since yesterday to upload......but couldnt......bonkbonkbonk........may be i pm u thru picasa

kalasmelara is very gud with pongal ......i made it with scrap one potato,one carrot,one drumstick and one plantain.........thorougly enjoyed.

thank u for such a lovely recipes

Regards,
    Spandhana

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dearest Chithu,
    I made the Jiffy sago upma for breakfast today.The upma was tasty no doubt and it came out so well:thumbsup. More than the recipe the nuances that you have given like dusting it with besan etc.. are the highlights and my :bowdown to you for that.

People cant simply go wrong if they follow your recipies and tips to the T.
    Chithu, i have asked amma to let my sis stay with me for a month or 2 after her college days until joining work to "train" her in your recipes. I want to make her a confident cook unlike me (to start with).

10. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Sorry madam for the late feed back for the bhogi and pongal varieties. To be very honest i forgot the day of bhogi when i got up and saw the calander it was witeen as bhogi then immediately i called my mil and got the dishes of what to do she told poli, paruppu vadai and coconut, rice, jagarrey payasam. Do you know what i did immediately i just took out your recepies and saved in the computer. Everything came out very well that day. I drained the paruppu for 45mts as you said and the vadai came out very well. Poli so good and the payasam superb. I followed your measurements accurately and it came out very well. I did the payasam without difficulty and without lumps. The second day sakkarai pongal was too sweet because of my wrong measurement. Thankyou madam for those who are living abroad your recepies are like a guide i.e like a mother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.