Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayashreerajan

jayashreerajan New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hello Ladies!

I am a new member for this link and i am finding all the discussions and other topics great!!

I was born and bought up in Bangalore.I did my BE in Electronics and Communication and was working for a software firm for 1 year.

I got married on Feb 1st 2007 and now i am in Sunnyvale, California.

So looking forward for some great discussions in our IndusLadies site.....................

Regards,
    Jayashree.

2. chhaya

chhaya New IL'ite

Hello Friends:wave
    My name is Chhaya. I was born and brought up in Mumbai. My mother tongue is Marathi. I did schooling and college in Mumbai. I am basically from music family. My grand parents, parents and this generation also are in the field of music. So naturally music is my interest.
    I am not doing any job currently but I teach music online. I am Marathi writer also. Now I am writing only short stories for Marathi magazines. My ambition is to write Marathi, and Hindi novels.
    My husband is mechanical engineer from Delhi IIT. He is manager post in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Saudi Arabia</st1:place></st1:country-region>. We both are in Saudi.
    My daughter is married. My son in law is software consultant.
    My son is studying in <st1:placeName w:st="on">New York</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">University</st1:placeType> at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>. He is doing under graduation there. My in laws are in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Poona</st1:place></st1:City>.
    I like that friends and relatives who love anyone without jealousy. Naturally I dislike those persons who are jealous of others and speak taunting language. I strongly feel that if one wants to be successful one must learn to appreciate the success of others also.
    I want to spread my knowledge of music to as many people in the world as possible by using the medium of internet.
    IndusLadies is an excellent forum for all the ladies in the world to express their views and share their thoughts with each others. I appreciate the founder of the IndusLadies.com to start such a wonderful and attractive website. I have joined it recently and wish that many many more ladies around the world become the member of IndusLadies and make their contribution to make it even more excellent.
    I commend IndusLadies for the excellent work done in last two years and wish them all the best as they step into the third.
    Regards,
    Chhaya

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  3. RHKavitha

RHKavitha New IL'ite

I am Kavitha, born & broughtup in Madurai. My mother tongue is Sourashtra. Since born & lived in Tamilnadu, I speak Tamil. I finished my MCA & worked in Bangalore for 2 years. I came to US after I get married.
    Now living in Dallas, TX with my lovable husband and our ---- 18 months baby.
    write you about my interests later.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  4. deepasrithar

deepasrithar New IL'ite

Hi everybody!
    this is deepa, a new member in the indusladies family.......i live with my parents in chennai....done my masters in E-Business and looking out for a job....i really like this community for it is nonsense free..... people here do share truely valuable info..... hats off to the admin team !!!!
    regards

5. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am Diana Fernandes. I am a 32 year old married woman with two kids. I love my family alot. I am a graduate but not working at present due to some family problems. At present taking tuitions of some kids to pass my time, when my kids are not with me and at school.

I love making friends and I have big group circles of friends. I mostly dont discuss my family problem with anyone, even friends as i am a bit reserved person. I have a gift of listening, i listen to people and always give them good advise if needed or asked. Most of my friends turn to me for help and advise.

I am very artistic and love everything creative. My kids too have got my talent and try their hands in painting and crafting very beautifully.

This is all about me. Do you want to be my friend? Just let me know.
    Diana.

6. visuma

visuma New IL'ite

Who am I?

Hello everyone,
    I am Uma (Viswanathan). I was casually browsing the net for Indian shops in Germany and came across this fantastic site. I am thrilled to be able to chat and read about other ladies like myself who have set up home in lots of other foreign countries.
    I have updated my profile and would invite you to read it.
    I was born in Bangalore, lived all my pre-marital life in Chembur, a small suburb in Mumbai.
    I did my graduation from Ruia College in Maths in Mumbai. Simultaneously I completed my diploma in Computers from NIIT. My teacher there recognised by flair for teaching and I was invited to join NIIT as a faculty. I think I did pretty well as in the 1st year itself, I was awarded the "Excellence Award in the All-West Zone".
    Life went on fast-forward with marraige to a Merchant Navy officer which took me many places by ship.
    FAmily grew with the birth of my son - Vinay in 1999 and my daughter - Gayatri in 2004.
    I moved to Bremen (Germany) in 2006 Jan. I was very apprehensive about the move. Then I shifted to Leer (110 km from Bremen) as my husbands office was there. Have been here for the past 6 months. It is pretty lonely as there are not many Indians here. But time flies with housework and bringing up both the kids. My husband tours a lot and hence I have to manage a lot - alone. I miss my India and my people very much.
    Thats all folks - before I get very senti. Waiting for posts.
    Cheers - Uma

7. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Who am I?

My name is Ansuya, I'm 32 years old, and I'm a South African citizen of Indian descent. I was a high school English teacher until last year, but now I'm working from home, and thinking about starting a family with my husband.

I enjoy travelling, cooking, and reading. I like good manners, neatness, symbolism, and trees. Perhaps I was Japanese in a past life.

I've never been a part of a sisterhood before, but now seems a good time to start. If any you Indusladies would like to contact me, I would love to hear from you. I'm particularly interested in the experiences of the women from the Indian diaspora.

Ansuya

8. mom23kidz

mom23kidz New IL'ite

Intro post

Hi,
    This is my first post on Indusladies. I am a stay at home mom with three kids and live in Denver. I am also a full-time student hoping to graduate next summer(online degree) and a home-based business owner. I am looking forward to getting to know the other users here and hope to make many friends. :-D

Take care,
    Fatima

9. kalburgi

kalburgi New IL'ite

Hello,

My name is Leena. I have been living in Auckland, New Zealand for the past 14 years with my family. I enjoy cooking. I do try new recipies in my free time. In future would be interested to share mitual interest with this panel

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma,

Welcome to Indusladies. This surely is a home away from home and you will enjoy it here and with time, will also get to know other IL'ites.
    I lived in Nordfriesland, also in a small town, for many many years before we came to US. So I can imagine what you feel. But I hear that these days, RTL4 is showing Indian movies regularly, hope that helps?:) Are there any other Indians in your town or Srilankans?
    Well, there are many here, so enjoy:)

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.