April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. manshreya

manshreya Senior IL'ite

Hi All April 2009 mommies,

thanks all.....
    how r u all doing?
    I know its been a long time I have posted ......Wish you all a very happy New Year !!!!!!!
    as the days are progressing the eagerness & curiosity of delivery, labor is increasing...of course its common for first child i believe.....isn't it ....every experience will be new...
    i am yet to go for my diabetes test....probably next visit
    whenever i am going to the baby stores getting tempted to buy things, however i know its a good idea to buy things little later.
    I am feeling the kicks, movements and little belly itchiness ....a very delightful experience.

keep writing...

take care and njoy

2. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Wow ladies, 4d scanning :thumbsup!
    As my baby's gender is a surprise, we are short-listing all the names we like. Its a huge list though :)

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

My diabetes test came out negative. So happy about that. I crave for sweets more than anything now :)...The first 1 hr test ( Glucose Screening Test) came out positive then the 3 hr test i.e. Glucose Tolerance Test came out negative. Hope it goes on well with all of you.

Krutika - Can you share the shopping list here with everyone. I think it ll help other mommies too.

AnithA and Subhashini - Maneka Gandhi's book is good. I am trying to get hold of it. Heard it from other sources too. If there was some interesting link you came across regarding baby names, please do post it here.

Have the doctors or elders advised you all to sleep on your left ? I heard that promotes maximum blood circulation around the placenta. My doc just asked me not to sleep flat without pillow or anything.

While turning do you all get up and turn ? I am always worried if my umblical cord will choke the baby. The baby does not breathe from nose and mouth like us. Instead the mother breathes for the baby. So this must not be an issue, but I still worry a lot, like my doc says..hehe..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Manshreya, it is a delightful experience, isnt it? :thumbsup

Krutika, do share your list with us if possible.

MeenLoch, my belly sure looks like a football - and that is one reason why majority of the folks keep telling me that we'll have a boy! And good that your GD results were negative. :thumbsup And yes, everybody asks me to sleep on my sides, especially on the left. I try to but often find myself on my back. Then I turn over (I dont get up to turn as I'm too sleepy to get up!) bonk The baby is being active at night and early mornings - are all babies like that? Anyway, there is this excel file that I downloaded from the Baby Names forum. Will upload that here soon. Got to go now.

Happy Pongal (Sankranthi) to all of you!

Regards,
    Anitha

5. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi frds ., HAPPY PONGAL TO ALL OF YOU.
    Anitha hi....... thanks for ur wishes.Wishing you a Happy Pongal :cheers.
    Im also sleeping in my sides but at the middle of the nite i found myslef sleeping in my back :hide:., so much worried abt it.Does it hurt the baby?
    Im going to ask my gyane during this month check up.
    Will be waiting eagerly for your "baby names file upload" ., many thanks in advance yaa.

MeenLoch., congrats for ur blood results.We cant guess whether my tummy is a football or semicircle unfortunately., have to wait and ask our elders comments :) Regarding the names - my husband wants to have a pure sanskrit name for our child ., so mainly we are searching/looking in Vishnu Saharasnamam.,lets see wat will be his final selection :)

Manshreya., glad to see ur post.keep well.

Take care all.

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Suba, sleeping on the back does not hurt the baby but us. When we sleep on our backs, the baby's weight is being supported by our spinal cord and so it might result in lower back pain. So stop worrying whether it will hurt the baby. :) Nowadays I find sleeping on my sides to be much more comfortable. I guess it is ok if we are on our backs once in a while.

Ans I'm attaching the file with this post. I hope you are all able to download it. Do let me know if there is a problem.

Regards,
    Anitha

Attached Files:

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Happy pongal to all of the new mommies.

Subhashini - Sleeping on back occasionally is fine..No harm, just make sure you aren't totally flat on back cause the blood flow to placenta is greatly reduced.. Good luck..Do you know the gender yet from doc ?

AnithA - Thanks a tonne for the attachment..It sure has lot of names..I am sure it ll be useful to other new mommies too.

8. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Hi all the mommies and happy Pongal, Happy Sankranti and Happy Lohri to all of you.

Suba – I also heard that sleeping on <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:City> back once a while no problem, in my case I can’t sleep on my back because the moment I do it I feel breathing problem and suddenly wake up. Last month I went for my facial and beautician asked me to lye down so that she can do the facial, but after lying down only for 5-7 minutes I stood up and asked her to do it while I am sitting on the chair :crazy

Yes, ladies it’ll be wonderful experience to get the 4D USG and I think me and Suba are the fortunate ones to get a closer and clear look of our babies, Suba do share your experience with us because u’ll be having you 4D USG before mine. Mine will be due on 31<sup>st</sup> January.

Anitha – thanks a million for sharing the baby names with us, really a wonderful collection :thumbsup

Meenloch – I heard that for the first time mommies, belly generally doesn’t show too much whether its’ a boy or a girl, I’ve gain 9 kg weight but my belly is still very small people often tells me that I looks in my 4<sup>th</sup> month J

A question for the mommies who are in India, I heard in India doctors give you a titans injection in your 4<sup>th</sup> and 7<sup>th</sup> months but I didn’t get any titans injection so far and was quite worried, should I ask my doctor about it?

My baby started moving very frequently now, sometime it seems that he is rolling and crawling :spin inside and it gives me giggles at times, suddenly I start smiling myself and it creates an awkward situation at times Big Laugh But all is fare and I enjoy every move of my baby .

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Shilpa,

I think you are referring to the tetanus injection. Yes, I was given 2 doses of it - one in November and the second in December. It is just given as a means of improving immunization against tetanus. If you want, you can ask your doc about it. Take care.

Regards,
    Anitha

10. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha ., thanks a ton for uploading the baby names., Wow ., it lot of names ., appreciated.Definitely it will help all of us.
    Also thanks a lot abt educating rgd the sleeping position.I will try my best.
    I dont mine if it hurts me but of course not to the baby :crazy.

MeenLoch., yeah we know the gender of our baby - a baby boy for us :)
    We are so exicted :).Thanks a lot for ur info ., will try to sleep on my sides atleast from now :)

Shilpa,my 4d scan is scheduled for tomorro., hopefully it will go smoothly.Definitely will share abt that to all of you.And abt the tetanus injection ., my gyane said they wont give it here in south africa ., becoz it is not in pratice here.So i didnt take it yet.If im going to deliver in India .,im afraid abt "wat the doctor say abt this untaken injection".
    Pls ask your gynae there & inform me abt it ., plssss.
    And also sailing in the same boat rgd my tummy size ., before a month people said that "they cant even say that im a pregnant women" ., atleast now ., they are saying that "i look like ,4-5th month " ...... but i completed my 7 months.Sometimes feel so bad when our frds comment on my small size.But we dont take it as a serious issue.

Take care All.Have a nice day.