How do you celebrate...-Poll for 18th Dec to 24th Dec, 2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Induslady, Dec 20, 2005.

How do you celebrate your kids birthday?

1. Going to religious and favorite places with family

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Giving gifts that our kids would want to have

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Cutting cake and having ice-cream with our family

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Throwing a party to relatives and friends

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

This week's poll is going to be about how you celebrate your kids birthday, one of the most important events at home!

We do it in different ways that make our kids enjoy their days. Let's vote and share how each of us celebrate it, who knows we might get some good/different ideas for our kids next birthday too!

2. lakshmisuresh12

lakshmisuresh12 New IL'ite

HI,
    My kid's birthday celebration wud include all these options......I take her to the temple in the morning....Then, we take her to her favorite spot like an amusement park or a water world.....Then we invite all relatives and friends and let her cut the cake.....And we definitely gift her what she had asked for or rather demanded for......
    Regards.

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hi,

we do celebrate my daughter's birthday but not so grand..
    I allow her to choose her clothes for her Bday.
    I bake chocolate cake for her every year and she loves it and demands more of it.
    I also send big packets of chocolates and a small gift to all her class-mates; home-made cakes to her teachers.
    Nowadays, a lot of chinese stuff is available like fruit shaped sharpners, diff shapes of menders, crayons, colour pens, sketch pens, etc - which I buy for her classmates.
    and finish it with a small puja at home in the evening.
    If it falls on a weekend then dinner is out or I prepare my daughters favourites at home.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

How do you celebrate

Hai,
    We celebrate our son's date of birth and also Tamil star day. The date of birthday is celebrated with new clothes for him, special surprise present for him and toffees for his friends and teachers. Special lunch at home. We go out for dinner. For star birthday, it is puja at temple, traditional feast at home. We donate to any orphanage or for annadanam in his name. I do not like the cake cutting parties much. It is "you give I give back" according to me. So I want to give the same to underprivilaged children something for their basic needs.
    Varloo

5. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Yet to have kids for celebration!

Hi Ladies,

I am yet to have kids for celebration. But I have seen many parents celebrating in various ways - especially those living outside their native country want to make their kids birthday as social gathering, an opportunity to make friends.

Varloo, I read the way you celebrate your kids birthday. I liked the way you celebrate the tamil star birthday - offering something to the underprivileged on your kids special day. Great!

I only wanted to let you know like a caution - I am not sure whether your kid is of the right age to understand the great things you do on their birthday. May be, you want to check with them, explain to them what you do and make them understand so that they feel equally happy. Because later your child should not be feeling bad for not celebrating with a cake cutting party like their friends.

I just thought of sharing my thoughts...that's it.