New Year Resolution Contest for January 2009

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Laxmi, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILites,

The special contest for January , the starting month of the year, is all about Resolutions.

The most jinxed word NYR ( New Year Resolution) is the talk of the town this month. Meet your friends, relatives after the rounds of New Year wishes the next question that comes up is about New Year Resolution.
    So we too are not going to strike you with questions about your Resolutions this year.
    But.................

Rewind the time machine back to last year. The day is 1st January 2008 and as is the tradition you must have taken some resolutions. Whether you kept your New Year Resolutions or broke it, it is nevertheless a good feeling to have tried it.

So here comes in our contest for the month of January 2009.....

• What was the Resolution that you took on 1st January 2008?
    • Did you keep it, if yes what were the stumbling blocks that you had to face in order to keep up your resolution.
    • Did you break it, if yes what were the factors that prevented you from keeping up the resolution.
    Please post your responses in this thread by hitting the "Post Reply" button.

Contest closes 27th January 2009.

Please do not private message your response.

The best entry for the New Year Resolution Contest gets to win a special gift!!

All the Best! Go ahead and participate to win the special gift!! Start the New year with aspirations and optimism!!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Laxmi,

I followed three pronged approach for my and my family's health which involves the following
    1. Maintaining good health by taking Nutritous food like fruits and vegetables more by avoiding oily,fatty and unhygenic foods during all seasons.
    2.Weight loss for myself and my hubby atleast 10KGs by 2010 Jan1st
    3.Taking care of glamour and beauty of myself and want to getback to my pre marrital shape.

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Laxmi

Everybody is asking for new year resolution and you made us remembering our last year resolution.

On 01.01.2008, I was jobless. My first ambition was to settle for a job with decent salary. I took a resolution that within a week I should get a job. I sincerely tried, all the advertisements read, all the walk in interviews attended, all work from home projects tried.

Atlast I got a job in a Project Office as Development Executive. So my 1st Resolution is somehow achieved.

Then with this salary I wanted to achieve another milestone i.e., my total savings at the end of the year should be 1 lakh (like nano car).

It can be in cash, gold, in land anything. From Feb, I started working on it.

First I bought Lady bird cycle for my daughter. i.e, 3500/- investment (we can save the school van fees)

II. I started an RD of Rs.1000/- p.m. and I somehow manged to continue that till date.

But couldnt continue to achieve my 1 lakh dream as the sudden illness and death of my sister affected me emotionally. The heavy hospital bill was shared between us but more than the money loss, the loss of my beloved sister affected me.

I thought death can happen to any person suddenly, then why saving for the uncertain future. I started spending a portion of my salary to charities and to the people who advertise in the Newspaper for heart operation of their kids.

Somehow, I am feeling happy though I could not achieve my one lakh target, I am helping the needy people. But my share is very meager and I want to increase it this year.

Andal

4. Laxmi

Hello Priya_Mommy and swathi14,

Thanks for your entries.

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Priya_mommy,

Have you posted about this year's resolution?

The contest is about last year (2008) resolution - what you could make and what you couldn't? How and Why?

Andal,

Your resolutions were great. Glad that you achieved one of them. Even the other wasn't achievable for a worthy cause. So you are still good with your resolutions.

Sorry to hear about your sister.

Malathy

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

OOPS!!
    A wrong entry!!Sorry!!
    Okay, coming to 2008,

The mission was ofcourse my Kid's health as he was one month Old that time by Jan 2008, who born with low birth weight.
    Secondly, Rejoining into my Work place after my Maternity leave.
    So, I acheived both of my resolutions.

7. Laxmi

Hello Priya_Mommy,

Thanks for the correct entry this time.

Dear Ilites,
    Go ahead and participate giving us entries laced with humor, motivation, optimism and what not. Also tell us in detail how you achieved your resolution or why you broke your resolution.

All the Best!!

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi

Last year I made a Resolution that I should cross 1000 posts in IL and become a Gold Lite and succeeded in becoming Gold Lite.

The above resolution was in my hands to make it possible so I could become a gold ILite.

I made a resolution, I dont know whether it can be called resolution as it is not in our hands. My resolution was by the end of the year I shoud become a grandmom. So started doing pooja and chanting prayers due to which they can become mothers. Told my daughters also to do pooja. But could not succeed in it.

Viji

9. Laxmi

Hi Viji

Thanks for your entry.

Regarding this year's resolution, All the best and wishes to your daughters so that they are blessed with child.

10. vrinda

vrinda New IL'ite

Hello,
    My new year resolution is to help as many people as possible .To do something worth for the world.
    Thanx
    Vrinda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.