1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parting is not a happy time

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 10, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

When we leave some place and come behindus are lots of happy moments shared with friends, special accomplishments for us to be proud of, fond memories we will hold in our heart forever. Ahead ofus new friends to make,exciting goals to achieve, moments filledwith pride and joy to experience and cherish always.

From the birth till the last we say good bye to so many people some we don’t meet at all and some we meet at times. Parting is not a happy time but neither it is sad, for wehave dreams of days to come and thoughts of joys we have had .

When we come to this world we say good bye to the place from where we came. After birth we say good bye to the people who are in the hospital though at that time we are not able to speak but it is good bye to that hospital.

I was born in Parur in Kerala. I think I was born in a house, as those days they never used to deliver in hospital. I was only born there and I said good bye to the people there and came to Chennai. That time I did not know that I will be married to a person from that place only.

Then I said good bye to Chennai and when I was six years old I came to Pune with my grandmother stayed there for 6months. From there came to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Hyderabad</st1:place></st1:City> and stayed in different places there. S o had to say good bye to the friends in different places. Studied in <st1:City><st1:place>Hyderabad</st1:place></st1:City> only, so happy memories of that place is always there as my childhood was spent there. Saying Good bye to the friends in school was very difficult as we had studied together for so many years.

Then I said good bye to the Institute where I was studying. My teacher told me never say good byebut say Good morning. Then we had to leave <st1:City><st1:place>Hyderabad</st1:place></st1:City> and had to say good bye to my friends and colleagues and bosses in Hyderabad. That time it was very difficult to leave that place and come as I had stayed in that place for 16 years.

From there came toBombay. In <st1:City><st1:place>Bombay</st1:place></st1:City> alsostayed in many places. So everytime to leave the friends there and come was a difficult task. Worked for 36 years in one company. Had to take VRS when I was 58 years old . So leave the friends there and come was very difficult as our Company was second home for me. Everyone was so good there. Then to leave the contract bus and come alsowas very difficult as there also we had good times spent. We had lot of activities with the friends in Contract Bus . So to part with them was very difficult.

Now enjoying retired life. Have enjoyed so much with so many people and last time to say good bye will be when I leave from this world. I want to leave this world with my husband, so that I will not miss him when he goes before me and he should not miss me if I go before him.

lovw
    viji

2. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

dear viji ji,
    I am impressed by the number of places you have been to, you must have had so many friends, and saying goodbye to friends,neighbours is not easy always.
    It is not only the faces,one tends to get attached to inanimate objects also, like a view from a particular window,.
    But this is what life is all about -moving on ,learning to let go.
    Why think about events which are beyond our control?
    Regards,
    Humera.

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Very thoughtful post. Yes we always have to leave behind something and acquire something new. That is the life cycle. Nothing is permanent here in the world, i always believed this saying "old order changeth yielding place to new".

Cherish the lovely memories of the past and look forward for the future. You life is so enriched because you have moved alot and assimilated every good things from others.
    May God bless you
    Jaya

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear viji...

Parting in not all happy... From childhood its always with me... we were moving from places to places so even though i get so many friends i could just recall the memories spent with them days spent there...

5. iyerviji

Dear Humera

Thanks for your feedback. Yes I have been to number of places and miss so many friends and neighbours, expecially my childhood friends I miss them very much because those days were so nice. We were so innocent love
    viji

6. iyerviji

Dear Jaya

Enjoyed reading your reply. I always cherish those memories with the friends whom I miss now. True nothing is permanent everywhere we go we come into contact with different people and learn so many things from different people. Rightly said life is a cycle. We have to move on and on leaving behind something.

love
    viji

quote=Jpatma;526465]Dear Viji,
    Very thoughtful post. Yes we always have to leave behind something and acquire something new. That is the life cycle. Nothing is permanent here in the world, i always believed this saying "old order changeth yielding place to new".

Cherish the lovely memories of the past and look forward for the future. You life is so enriched because you have moved alot and assimilated every good things from others.
    May God bless you
    Jaya[/quote]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji ma'am,

I have had almost similar experience of rolling from one place to another right from my childhood...due to my Appa's job transfers.

Within a little over 3 decades in my life, I am in my 10th place now. So, I have had to part with so many friends here and there. But I did my best to keep in touch..though some of the contacts gradually stopped....there is one friend, with whom I am in touch for the past 18years.

But there has been an advantage in these things. We get to meet more and more people and learn more about their different culture. With some of them, we build an everlasting bond...I get to learn atleast one or two more language to speak :).

It was nice to read that you are enjoying your retired life. Wishiing you happiness in the days ahead.

bye

8. iyerviji

Dear Saraswathy

Good to know you have also seen many places and now in 10th place.
    True we get to know many things and can learn languages. Thanks for your good wishes.

love
    viji