1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

hair straightening!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by priyanathan3, Apr 19, 2008.

1. priyanathan3

priyanathan3 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I m planning to do permanent hair straightening! i m rite now in bay area! can u guys suggest a gud beauty salon which can do permanent hair straightening in bay area!?

And also has anybody done it recently? like to kow the cost n how effective it is!

2. hmanne

hmanne New IL'ite

Hi,

Were you able to find a good salon for perminent hair straightening. If you happen to find out in Bay area please let me know. I am planning on getting my hair done as well.

Thanks

3. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

hey why dont you guys buy a straightener and do it at home.. it is not that difficult to do it at home.. i feel it is better to do it at home rather than waster money on the salon..

4. rflonver

rflonver Guest

I am sure you may have considered the pros and cons of perm straightening verus electric straightener. Here are my 2cents though...

I use a ceramic plated electric hair straightener and let me tell you, once you start using it, you cannot go without it..Think about the moisture sucked out of the hair strands because of the heat..ceramic ones are the worst (yes I am using ceramic..hehehe). I only realized how bad it was until after I started using it. When you visit humid places like India, no straightener can keep up. On the other hand, the finish is nicer, you can change how want to show your hair off, get banks and style them as you want etc. I'd give it 6/10

Perm straigthening on the other hand is less maintenance and closest to wash and wear. However, if your hair originally is frizzy, my stylist told me that every new hair strand (grows in 10's a day) is going to be frizzy and you will end up with partial frizz (or wavy) and partial permed, so you will have o keep up with the perm straigthening once every 3-4 months. Also, you may be limited in how many styles you can show your hair off. Think twice before going dwn the perm route...good luck and let us know how things went...

I know a stylist in downtown San Jose, his name is Tony and is open Tue and Wed 1:00 to 5:00PM by apptmt. I usually leave my hair to him and allow him to experiment. Turned out perfect every single time. Unfortunately, I moved to Fremont and cant go that far anymore. To be honest, I stopped going since I started pulling my hair into a ponytail with a few banks in the front, I will find the number if I can and post it here...

5. hmanne

hmanne New IL'ite

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. My hair is long and with curls its little unmanagable. So I thought of trying a perm straightning once and then go for the ceramic plated straightening at home.

If you happen to find out his number then please let me know.

Thanks

6. vanigooty

vanigooty New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Could you suggest me which brand hair straightner will be good also should i go for wet or dry...plz suggest.

7. rflonver

rflonver Guest

I currently use the 1/2 inch ceramic dry straightener and I love it! As for the brand, mine is Revlon (not sure what model etc the print is all faded now). I bought it for $99.99 some 6 years ago and still works like brand new.

If I were to buy a new one for whatever reason, I would opt for a sleeker (less than 1/2 inch) plated dry one because it gives me an opportunity to style the banks differently each time.

8. Sandhya230

Sandhya230 Guest

Hey all! GHD is an awesome hair straightener!!! its a bit expensive i think its about 200 bucks but its totally worth it!!! i dunno abt the permanent hair straightening..yeah its practical and much easier not to have to starigten it everyday..but it kills ur hair and regrowth can get very annoying..but hey i guess it really depends on how badly u want to ave straight hair. anyways vani..im looking for a good hairstylist cos the ones ive been going to totally mess up my hair..so could you possibly give me the number of ur hairdresser?? i would relaly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Sandhya

9. flowerbaby1234

flowerbaby1234 New IL'ite

Hi Priyanathan,
    Did u find any ?
    And please let me know if u know a good hoemopathic doctor in Bay area?
    I got japansese hair straightening from Bangalore and I am loosing hair terribly .I am worried.
    May be this did not suit me