1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Rules for every woman

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Shanthi, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

2. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Excellent Shanthi. Really good. I also accept Lavanya's points. Thanks for writing to both of U.

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Shanthi,

This is a good writeup. Very good points and ideas. took down a few important notes. Thanks .

Regards,
    Jothi.

4. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Lavanya,

Your ideas are good too. My husband and I do practice the kiss before leaving home idea. It started since day 1 of our marriage, we have been practising that for 15 yrs now. Whoever leaves the house first gives the other a small goodbye kiss and steps out.

Regards,
    Jothi.

shravs3 likes this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi,

Sorry I took so long to respond to this post. I read your post earlier and was very impressed. It is like a manual to be read by every newlywed woman. Why newly wed, like someone here said, it is good even for a much married woman.
    Your thoughts are very coherent and the writing well structured. Well done Shanthi.

L, Kamla

6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

hey shanthi

A very good write up indeed, i'm highly impressed...

Happiness is within yourself i believe strongly, and it multiplies by sharing it with others...

Its really important to have a practical approach towards life and its great the way you have listed things out...

thanks for sharing your experiences with us

7. iman

iman Senior IL'ite

Dear Shanthi

Excellent! I think you have put your heart while writing it.

I knot all of your Golden rules. I recently married and would definetly will help me out. You sound like my sister who also advise me time to time as i need.

Thanks

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear shanthi and lavanya,
    great though u people r so young it is nice to see u all coming up with real practicality which i missed out when young, even now some thing in my mind set right when reading ur article, how very true we must learn to love the self, then automatically the rest of the things fall into place...thanku young girls keep it up...regards sunkan

9. devikanthi

devikanthi Senior IL'ite

Hi Santhi and Lavanya,

excellent post yaar really each and every word I could relate to my life. Ya even my husband is very silent when he is upset previously I used to ask him the reason but now no I'm not asking Instead I am making all his favourite things (like food, music, movies etc., ) whenever I feel he is upset I just dont ask him why instead I make his favourite food, I play the songs he likes the most. He will have everything in silence and then at the end of the day he shares everything with me (whether its a problem in the office or something else). This sort of thing I just started in the beginning but when it worked I really thanked god and started doing the same thing whenever he is upset. When life seems boring, I do write small poems on both of us (about our early days of love (ours is a love marriage)) and stick them to the mirror in the rest room so when he gets up early in the morning ( he usually gets up early then me) he reads that and even adds few more lines to it.

He hates doing some of his works like ironing, checking his mails etc and I hate cooking on weekends. So what we do is I do his ironing part and he takes me out on weekends (I love ironing clothes a lot so that doesnt bother me much). And ya regarding kids, he loves spending his time with kids We have a 3yr kid so everyday after coming from home he takes care, he takes him out for atleast 2hrs so by the mean time I can do the things I like (mostly surfing because my kid wont allow me to do that). I love reading books and he dont have the habit. So what all I read I tell him (sometimes I even read the books for him loudly which I feel even he should read).

These are some of my experiences I felt like sharing with u all and sorry if at all I have bored u by posting such a long thread. Here is some 2 lines in telugu which I love the most

Thala dinchukoku nesthama choopulu bhoomini dheekotti aagipothai
    Paikethi choodu mithrama nee drukpadalu ananthalokalu daati velthai

have a good life with ur husband and kids

Dev.

shravs3 likes this.
  10. sofiya

sofiya New IL'ite

That was an excellent post Shanthi and all the replies too! Can very much relate to a lot of the situations. Very useful tips! :thankyou2:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007