Shlokas - Ask your queries related to Shlokas&Pujas here!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lakshmi79, Sep 26, 2006.

1. nirmiti27

nirmiti27 New IL'ite

Re: Where Do u keep Pooja Ghar ?

i didnt mean on ground actually but on chaurang/sqaure silver table which is 1 feet of height...and on that there will be wooden temple...my flat is north facing...so if in kitchen god will face west and me east..

why should guest not see at idols??..i didnt get this...

regards
    Nirmiti

2. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

What is the name of the vedic religion born in India

Hi,
    It is said that vedas was written 6500 years ago. Can you please tell me what is the name of the religion. Hinduism is the word used by arabians to address the people living in the banks of river sindhu, They pronounced it as hindus.

But what is the actual name of the vedic religion and the name of its followers. If you could provide some texts from vedic scriptures also it will be helpful

regards
    newgen

3. vidyarp

vidyarp Bronze IL'ite

Lord ganesha

Dear all...this may sound silly, but i really need to know. I am a firm believer of God. But i am not deeply religious. I do not do routine pujas and fasts etc. I pray to God every morning for giving me a new day and i pray before going to bed when i thank God for the day. And i do not specifically pray to any particular God, though i have a strong faith on Sai baba, Hanuman, Durga ma and Ganesh. But for the past few days, i realized that whenever i was in doubt or was upset, i saw Lord Ganesh in my dreams, guiding me and making things work for me. I feel blessed. But i keep wondering why do i see Lord Ganesh when i wasn't consciously thinking about him? I was just thinking about the supreme being...but i think God manifests himself in many forms and to me he appears as Ganesh. Is my interpretation correct? Should i be doing some Ganesh puja? Please help.

I do recite hanuman chalisa regularly.

4. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Re: What is the name of the vedic religion born in India

[ just for info ] please see wikipedia article for the details : Historical Vedic religion

5. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Re: Lord ganesha

[ just my 2 cents ] Hi Vidya , as you rightly said it - God can appear in any form and you
    may also start your daily Puja with a Ganapathi Sloka [Suklam Baradharam Vishnum ...]
    and Ganesha Pancha Ratnam of Aadi Sankaraachaarya [Mudaakaraatha Moadakam ...]

6. Ambige

Ambige Bronze IL'ite

Re: Lord ganesha

Vidyarp,

You are really blessed to see Lord ganesha. If you are seeing lord ganesha means all your obstacles in life is/will be removed by lord ganesha. You may realise your victory soon. I had small experience in this. Once upon a time in my dream, I saw a elephant and glowing lamp and me doing flower pooja to god. I realised the blessings of the god in the following days of that dream.
    Like raagini said, pray Ganesha. He may have something for you. Also ask your mom or dearones, whether then have prayer something for your benefit and you need to do any submit(venduthal) to god. Sometimes if we have to do submit(venduthal), that god will appear to keep us remembering the submit. As you said, all god is one god.

7. amrita.sinha

amrita.sinha Senior IL'ite

Re: Ganesh Pooja

Hi all,

My mother is blind devotee of Lord Ganesha.

She taught me Ganesha Vedic Mantra in my childhood.

She told me whenever you find difficult situation you chant Ganesh Vedic Mantra.

Ganesha Vedic Mantra: Om Sreem Hreem Kleem Gloum Gam Ganapataye Varavarada Sarva Janam Me Vasamaanaya Swaa Haa

8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Devi mahatmayam/Duga sapthasati

I would like to start chanting Devi mahatmayam.
    There is Argala-stotram,keelaka stothram etc in the beginning before the chapters.
    Can one divide & chant it due to time limits?
    I would like to do it on a regular basis if possible.
    So,please tell me the suggested way of chanting taking my time restraints into consideration.
    Thank you

9. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to IL. It would be great if you could help me with the below query.

I read somewhere that certain slokas must be receited carefully else it could result in negative energy.

Now am learning simple slokas through online forums .. for each god - deepa sloka, ganesh etc etc... . Is that ok?

Thanks in advance
    luv

10. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I think there is an astaka called 'achyutaskam'. I think it goes on like this..

Achyutam keshavam rama narayanam......

Can anyone give me the lyrics of the same.

thanks
    revathi