Taj Mahotsav - UP

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by MrignayniBansal, Sep 16, 2008.

1. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hey all,

We all proud to be our one of seven wonders TajMahal.
    During Springtime, In February there is celebration of heritage,arts,crafts,culture,cuisine,dance and music in UtterPradesh. During this time when nature dawns all its colorful splendour and Agra bursts into colorful celebrations of rich heritage.

Last year I went Agra during Taj mahotsav.I personally advise you be sure to be a part of the Food Festival.
    Throughout the Mahotsav, one can experience a profusion of folk music and dances of Dundelkhand, 'Nautanki' (Drama), 'Sapera' dance of Rajasthan, Lavani of Maharashtra.

So visit Agra at the time of Taj Mahotsav.
    Share if anybody knows more about Taj Mahotsav.

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Re: Taj Mahotsav-UP

Hi Mrignayni,

Thanx for the information about Taj Mahotsav.
    In fact, I missed going there couple of years back during our Delhi visit, due to tight schedules. Will certainly try to make it during that mahotsav, the next time. Yes..will not miss the Food Festival:biggrin2:.

Bye

3. ritu678

ritu678 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Wow I Know Ten days carnival mela of Taaj Mahotsav. I love This mela is very famous held near Tajmahal for nonstop 10 days.I love This type of mela especially for cultures,craft,folk songs etc.
    Morover I love shopping in such melas.
    Please tell me if I wish to visit Taaj mahotsav whare I can stay?
    Is agra too crowdy at that time?
    How comfortably you can travel eith your kids?