Moving to India

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by Sindhurao, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Dear Anukvs:

Thank you for your wishes!

You are moving to Bangalore and round about the same time as we are. Wow, what a coincidence!

Yes, moving comes with it's baggage of mixed feelings, more so when it is to a different city, state or country. The dimensions are completely different when it is from one country to another.

I presume you have admissions for your children. Do you have your dear ones in Bangalore? These things help in making the transition easy.

If you have worked in India earlier, you don't have to worry much about the workplace but otherwise, yes, it becomes a slightly different ballgame.

Wishing your move is smooth sailing and you settle down as quick as you can. Feel free to share your feelings. That is what Indusladies is all about.

Will keep in touch.

Sindhu

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Sindhu,

don't know how I missed this - yes it is always difficult to move and it becomes more diffciult when we have sweet memories associated with a place. It is so easy to come into a new country with a couple of suitcases and so hard to leave everything that we have built together as family - but I am sure if you have done it once, you can do it again and it will be simpler this time around because you are going back to where you want to be! Good luck with the move and Happy times!

I hope to hear about the books you are reading once you are settled and as far as Sanskrit is concerned - I am sure you know about "Aksharam" in JP Nagar, B'lore. I am sure you will enjoy learning this beautiful language! sitting here, with the help of a small group of people, I am giving some exams and speaking in Sanskrit. So felt very happy on reading you wanted to learn Sanskrit.

Once again, my best wishes!

Also good luck to Anu and Samiya as well.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  3. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Dear Srama:

Thank you for your wishes.

Yes, that is the hardest part. You make new friends, a new home and then you have to leave it all - to start all over again.

That is exactly where I plan to start my Sanskrit classes. Have they started a new branch in JP Nagar? I thought they were in Giri Nagar. Wow, you are learning Sanskrit and can speak the language! That is amazing! By what I understand, you are learning Sanskrit from Aksharam. Is that right? Feels good to know that.

Here I must say that I am going to miss the libraries in the UK. But with 2 Landmark bookstores close to home - I shouldn't say so! Anyway, let's see - I might find something better!

Thanks for coming here and sharing your views.
    Sindhu

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  4. Ambige

Ambige Bronze IL'ite

Sindhu,

Good to read your post. Good luck on your move! You must be excited by now. Don't compare here and there. Always there will be some plus and minus. Enjoy your opportunity of the move. Make sure of putting the kids in the good school where they can cope up good indian culture and education. Great to know that you are planning for sanskrit classes too. Lovely. I'm also waiting for my moving moments. Have a nice day ahead.

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your wishes, netexpt. Yes, there are always pros and cons. Change has been good for us so far. So I'm not going to complain about that. But it is just that moving has been so frequent, that I feel I can do without it! Anyway, now with the date for the move is coming closer, I'm in a hurry to get done with it :) So will you be moving soon? Good luck with that.

Sindhu

6. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Nice to hear that ur going back.Have a great time and fun with ur people.

Good luck

victory

7. Garima_Bombay

Garima_Bombay New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu
    Ever since I joined IL about two weeks back,Ive been folowing your posts about life in the UK. Seeing this post I guess you must now have settled well into life at Bangalore...:) Hope you were avble to secure admissions for your kids in a decent school. Admissions usuaaly begin in Bombay in Nov/Dec...going by that you were just in time for new admissions.... I have said elsewhere too on the site that I would be moving to the UK- Durham to be precise in 2009. I would be grateful if you could share info on schools and other relevant stuff. I have two sons aged 12 and 8. May i add you to my friends' list?

Garima

8. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your wishes, victoryman.

Sindhu

9. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Garima:

Yes, we are settling down quite well in India. Thank you.

We decided to move from the UK once we had admissions for our children. And that was for the current academic year - though quite late - the children will have only 4 months in the current class.

I have mentioned about schooling in the UK in one of the threads.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-the-uk/27658-state-schools-vs-independent-schools.html. You should get a little idea about schools with that. Also, I have posted in the http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...ies-uk-introduce-yourselves-2.html#post501203 thread as well. Check it out.

I would love to share whatever information you need, having said so, I just have gathered some basic information about schools. I am not completely clear about the education system in UK but will help you with whatever I know:)

Sindhu

10. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Ambige:

Sorry I missed your post earlier. Thank you for your wishes.

Well, to be honest when it was time to move finally, I just wanted to get done with it!

So now we have moved, the children have settled in the new school (or so I would like to think!) and now it is time for me to settle in.

Will you be moving to another city / country? Good luck with your move.

Sindhu