job in birmingham

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by vrinda04, Dec 11, 2008.

1. vrinda04

vrinda04 New IL'ite

hello ladies.

we shifted to birmingham ,UK from bangalore last month. we are staying at brindley place. I am looking for a job now. i do have a dependent visa. i am an MPhil in international studies from delhi. have worked in FICCI and indo-american chamber in india. any idea where will i get a job here. i checked out in birmingham chamber but no vacancies there. am willing to work in NGO's as well.

thanks,
    vrinda

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Vrinda:

Welcome to Indusladies! Hope you are settling down well in Birmingham.

As far as I know the local Birmingham council would be a good place for information of any kind. Check it out.
    The job sites, will have a separate category for charitable organisations which you can browse through. Also, the local university might be good place to check for jobs as well, I think. Though I am not sure if it will be in line with the work you have done so far.

Hope this helps. Wishing you well with your job search.

Sindhu

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  3. Garima_Bombay

Garima_Bombay New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu
    I am planning to move to the UK with family ( hubby and two sons) Aug 2009. Would be great if I could get some inputs regarding life there...like stuff on the schools ,education,job scenario etc.. I am Garima and am presently based at Bombay. Hope to hear from you soon...

4. vrinda04

vrinda04 New IL'ite

Dear Garima,
    sorry for the delayed response. i did not check this website for a long time. actually we ( my husband and i ) shifted to UK in november. he already had a job in Bangalore and got trnsferred to Birmingham. Other
    the job situation in UK is v bad. I am looking for a job for 2 months but no luck. my husband works in a bank and according to him the situation will remain gloomy for another year.

I dont have any idea as how are the schools here. But watever i read I guess schooling in india is much better.

regards.... vrinda

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009