1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

New Diet chart with my experience !

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by krishnaamma, May 28, 2008.

Do you like this type of food to reduce your weight?

1. Yes

292 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma,

Obesity is not a sickness ( I am not talking about people who have obesity due to medical conditions). Obesity occurs because people eat too much, unhealthy eating habits. And they do not exercise at all or too little (input, output). It leads to medical issues.

People who have obesity should acknowledge the problem, look at there eating habits/life style and change them. The changing should be done in a way that they won’t suffer while tackling their weight problems and contain the vitamins one needs: meaning it should contain whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein et cetera.
    One can eat any kind of food but sweets and high fat junk food are eaten less and in smaller quantities.

I do agree with you that loosing weight is a hell of a job. Don’t get me wrong but I have noticed that one can loose weight by changing the eating habits and lots of will power. I have seen a sugar and heart patient (all in one) do it!

Re: The doctor on the show telling that what you are doing is good. the Atkins diet and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Cambridge</st1:City> diet, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">South</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Beach</st1:placeType></st1:place> diets and lots more diets are “invented” by doctors and they all come on shows telling how good the diet is.

Also water is good for cleansing the body but is does not burn the fat! To burn the fat you have to exercise.

I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but I don’t see this as a medicine. Because through my eyes this diet is absolutely not permanent and realistic (fruits for dinner). Eating habits should be changed in the beginning so that your body can get used to it for the long term. By doing this you avoid that you cannot sleep at night because you feel hungry which will lead to tiredness and other issues. It also prevents snacking.

Love,

C

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi Krishnamma ,
    I read a lot of books about general health.Recently I read a book which gives information on how obese people can maintain their weight through out the life.One of the major things that is mentioned is they have to choose a diet plan, count calories and exercise on a daily basis otherwise its very difficult to maintain the weight.The author says that people who are obese should think in their mind that they are slim and eat accordingly.The technique is called cognetavi therapy.The book is best seller in health industry.I agree with your points that as obese people we cannot eat whatever we want and assume we will not increase weight.In fact the book says obesity is a clinical dis-order which people fail to recognise which is same as your thoughts.I totally agree with all the things mentioned.At the end of the day if you have energy to do all the work and eat a balanced diet I don't think there is anything wrong in following diet.He says obese people should follow a diet and always some one as a coach to communicate if they fail in their diet.
    Just wanted to pour my thoughts.
    Thanks
    Mangai

3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi C,
    This is my answer in regards to consuming fruits for dinner.
    Our body consists of 70% of water ans 30% of mass.SO at any time consuming just fruits is considered to be best for the digestive system.In a recent reading about working of digestive system I read that if you eat too much during night then you will be left with very less energy in the morning because most of the energy is spent digesting the food and your body is in resting mode and the toxic from the body will not be removed properly.There are 3 modes of body operation.Absorption, assimilation and elimination.On the other hand if we eat furits and vegetables they need very less enegry for digestive system to digest food and since the water content is very high in both the f and v body starts working on removing toxins .
    In a recent findings of anthrapoligst they found the initial stages of human evolution all human beings survived just using fruits and raw vegetables.Its interesting to know how they came to this conclusion.Because in the teeth they found they never could find any animal particle/skin while all they found was skin of fruits and vegetables and they say these people lived for more than 150 years.I will try to find the link for the paper.The perception that we cannot eat just fruits for dinner is man made.In fact the minerals and vitamins from fruits can be easily absorbed in bood .If you have balanced diet through out the day and reducing food in-take in night alone to avoid increasing weight then its fine. I really don't think that as a life threatining issue.And also the thinking eat whatever you want and exercise is also not correct.Eat healthy and exercise to maintain/gain muscle.There is nothing wrong in lossing fat.

My 2 cents
    Mangai

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  4. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

sorry chandra,
    if u do not agree with this diet there is no body forcing u to do it,its your wish dont do it.but dont even discourage the ones who are doing it they r doing with full faith and good results in hope so let them go ahead.i am sorry if i am rude,but let things go on as they r,i think krishnamma u will also agree with me.why cry about the bush.pupil r willing to do it so they r following it,rest is their wish.

5. Chandramukhi

Hi Croissants,

Lovely name by the way.

I am not discouraging anyone. I just want to share my knowledge and what I have learned, with you guys here. Loosing weight is not just about eating less and so on, one should know how the body works and how to trigger yourself to do it sothat you still can enjoy life.

And "bush people"? These are your words not mine!

Love,

C

6. Chandramukhi

Hi Mangali,

I have a balanced diet which means I eat healthy and in moderation, the yummy stuff I eat once in a while (cookies, potatoe chips and so on). Should we not enjoy life?
    We should exercise because if we don't, the food intake will be converted into fat which in the end will lead to medical problems ( some people are lucky they don't get fat what ever they eat). And body fat is a danger to health. So people who are overweight should burn the fat by exercising sohat they burn the fat and "elope" the danger zone and ofcourse change there eating habits.

Would love to read the paper.

Have to go now, will write more if I have time.

Love,

C

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi C,

I dont want to continue this discussion. You can select the way which you wish. we are selecting what we wish. That is all.

I am doing this diet out of my experience ( see the heading of the thread) , I cant do exercise, because of my health condition. The only thing I can do is dieting to prevent the increase my weight. please dont discourage our team members. I know you are against dieting but for me no other go. so please allow us to do our diet with out any confusion from your side.

You are not only discouraging us you are irritating us by saying the same point, without understanding our position. you are not our well wisher or our Doctor to whom we can discuss about our health problem. we need only cheer leader for us. so please leave us. I want to keep a big full stop for this . yes like this.
    "."

If you want to "preach" about exercise, very well you can open one new thread and do so.

If you want you can go through all my threads like , " reduce weight without fasting" , Becalorie consicus, A to Z claorie value etc., But sorry to say this I dont want to answer your post here after in this thread.

Good bye for ever.

8. krishnaamma

Dear Crossiant,

You are correct. we are not compelling any body to follow this diet, people can discuss about this but not like this. she is touchering us for the past few days. I usually give a reply for each and every post in my threads. I could not do so because for her. really I felt bad. She is not reading this thread from the beginning, so that she dont know about me and my struggle. Rantjust like that she is writing. :eek:mg: It is too bad , I dont want to answer her like Others. let us do our work. and let us discuss about our diet.

Last week I enjoyed the holidays with my husband. :hide: I just had normal food but not fried items. but not regular items also. like oats for break fast. we had uppma, dosa and idly for break fast. Harhar but I maintained my dinner. Ya we took only fruits for dinner. but had a good break fast and lunch . :banana

from today I am starting my diet again. so from tomorrow I will post my chart. what about you? how is your dite? :coffee for your reply.

Have a nice day.:thumbsup

9. krishnaamma

Hi Vahee,

Good Morning. How are you? No mail from you. From today I am again starting my diet plan. From this week I want to take carrot and labon drink in the morning. let me see how it is working.:)

have a nice day yar.:thumbsup

10. krishnaamma

Hi Mangai,

Sorry I missed your post.bonk because of some confusion. sorry once again. I am so happy to see your post here. I want to know about that book and that author's name. want to know whether we can get the PDF of the book? :hide:

I am trying to reduce my weight ya. so that I am trying various diet pattens and surfing net for that. what ever I am doing I am putting them here. so that, that may help others also. rite?

I am so happy that many are following this diet patten and reducing their weight without strain. :hiyathis is slow but study. :) :thumbsup