Has anyone moved recently in the UK?

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Sindhurao, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone:

Has anyone of ILites moved homes in the UK in the recent past?

We just moved homes 10 days ago and got all amenities moved / changed as well. We have been BT (British Telephones) customers for the last 3 years and now they are telling us that we have to a pay connection charge of £120.

We have moved 3 houses here and this is the second time they are charging us this amount. This move of ours was only after 6 months and there has been no change in exchange area, etc. This apart BT wants us to sign a contract again for 18 months. Isn't that ridiculous? I sometimes feel they are able to get away with this since they are a monopoly.

What do you think?

Sindhu

2. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

3. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Madhu:

Thanks for replying back.

Wow, 6 house moves - that is a lot. How did you manage everytime? Did you move to different cities / towns? That is even tougher I would say! We have already had enough Witsendand hoping the next move will be into our own home:)

Sindhu

4. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

Hi,
    Don't ask me, iam yet to move again and moreover i have 2 kids aged 8 and 4, so school moving too and now being in this country for 6 years i have everything what a household requirements are. Anyways we have moved cities/town, but we have never paid anything more if we already have a connection. You just have to speak before moving and let them know.
    so what do you and your hubby do? and since how long are you here?
    bye hope this information would be of some help to you.

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Madhu:

You are moving again. All I can say is - Hope everything goes well. Yes, with children it is difficult, that is the reason we consciously made an effort to stay on the same estate.

We did speak before the move but unfortunately that is the situation. Anyway, will try to resolve it today.

Have been here for 2 years now and my husband is in business development.

Sindhu

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  6. Garima_Bombay

Garima_Bombay New IL'ite

Hi Madhu
    Considering the number of times you have moved,you must be a pro now!!! Hats off to you really!!!
    My husband was with the Indian defence services and we too moved quite a bit.
    I am moving to Durham next year Aug...Been in the north east? Would be great if you can gimme some tips