Fear of Birth....Need advice

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by kanmani, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Re: Breathing problem

Hello priya,

I am also currently pregnant.Recently even i had breathing problem.But mine was along with tight tummy.As this is my first pregnancy i didnt know anything,even i am managing everything on my own.But i called my doctor and went to hospital.It turned out to be labor contractions.They stopped labor and sent me home.

My doctor advised me to drink lots and lots of water (really drink lots).Then sleep on ur left side.And take gud rest u will be fine.Listen to ur doctor mainly.

Hope this helps.

suji

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

OMG Suji,
    I will pray for both of you. Do exactly like what the doctor's say.
    All the best to both of you

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ARS for the wishes!!!

suji

4. Daffy

Daffy New IL'ite

Thank guys!!! Suji, thx for ur message, that was highly appreciated.
    ARS thx for ur wishes..:)

5. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I had the same problem when I was pregnant . My doctor said it is normal because your baby is getting bigger. try to sleep on your left. avoid sleeping on your back.

6. lucullan

lucullan New IL'ite

Re: Need help with delivery decision

go for a vaginal delivery. there are countless benefits to it. there are so many resources online of why c-section should only be an option like a n emergency c-section.

to name just a few benefits of vaginal delivery:

1. better for baby - narrow way out helps express excess fluids from lungs
    2. better for mom, hormones all working in favor of bonding and breastfeeding
    3. definitely less risky then c-section
    4. definitely faster healing time
    if anything you should consider not having an episiotomy. and definitely avoiding forceps or vacuum delivery. i am in the same boat as you. my first delivery was forceps. i know it was wrong to use i (now i know) and i am going for a natural delivery (no epidural or other drugs) and made a birth plan being very specific of my likes and dislikes. think aboout it that way. don't opt for a c-section just like that.

my gyno once made an interesting comparison. he said for the baby, being born is like climbing mount everest :) natural delivery would be...he climbed it him self and had time to full adjust to the enviroment on the top. c-section is.....he was put in helicopter and dropped on top of mount everest. was it easier on him? well the shock when he came up there was greater and was definitely less prepareed :)

i hope this helps. you know if you are in US, there are even phone lines that deal with preventing unecessary c-sections! :)

have a great natural delivery!

7. paddhu

paddhu New IL'ite

Re: some advices....for delivery

Hi leesa
    first and foremost point is don't get panicky. As priya and Dhivya said keep a bag ready with the imp. things My sis in law who lives in chicago delivered her baby with out anybody going there to help her. Only her husband and her elder daughter were there. They managed wonderfully and my sis in law started giving bath to the baby herself from the third day itself using a tub.
    The main thing is the mother should take nutritious food soon after delivery so that she will not feel fatigued and can be up on her feet faster.
    Your sister will be going for regular check ups and if there is any slight change she will be able to sense it and inform you in advance. If the water bag gets ruptured before the labour pain starts then she has reach hospital fast.And I heard that generally in America they have their hospitals close by and the dr starts giving instructions in the phone even before you reach the hospital. Hope she attended classes to know how things will go and learnt some deep breathing techniques.
    It is much worse here in India where mostly the patient will not be foretold everything in detail and with unending crowd at the hospital it is very difficult still several babies are born every second.

Don't get panicky and ask her to relax. Everything will be all right. All the best to your sis:thumbsup

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  8. Riya007

Riya007 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My hubby's sister also had her first baby without any help from her parents or in-laws, at least you are there!!

As someone suggested, ask her to go to the childbirth education classes so that she knows when she is in labor.

Other than that, if her husband can cook up small meals and freeze them, it would really be helpful during the initial few weeks when there is no time to do anything. It would all come in handy later on. After the birth, you could help her by caring for the baby while she takes a nap, help with the cleaning around the house etc. All this helps a lot.

Best of luck to you and her :2thumbsup:

Love, Riya

9. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

First of all relax. If you are scared and start to panic then ur sister will also. I had both children with only my husband by my side. At least ur sister has both u and her husband.
    Next, go to the library and get a book about expecting a baby (if not done so already). One good book is called, "What to Expect when u're expecting". In that book there are several good chapters on how to prepare urself for the big day. It also gives you a list of what to pack to bring to the hospital. Even if u forget to bring the bag, don't worry, someone can go back later and pick it up. The hospital will have everything you need anyway. Just having someone sit with her and holding her hand during labor is comfort enough. That's something both u and ur BIL can do.

To be honest, having the baby is easy...the hard part comes when u bring the tiny creature home. For that, ask the nurses for advice on bathing, feeding, diapering, and swadling (that's how you wrap the baby in a blanket). Since a baby won't get too dirty, just wiping him or her with a wet towel is fine for a while. You can start the oils and everything once mom has become comfortable. All things will come naturally believe it or not.

Enjoy the experience of watching your neice or nephew being born and the opportunity to help ur sister when she really needs it. Congrats - you're growing up!

10. solonacea

solonacea New IL'ite

Pain aftr DandC procedure

Hello frnds,

i underwent abortion in my 8 week by surgical procedure due to summ complication

on sunday now means aftr 3 days m having pain in my lower abdomen its horrifying i feel like shouting it cumes fr a sec i m also having bleeding going on m feeling vry week

My MIL is calling midwife and she is doing massage also of my whole body

Ladies pls tell me wat all should i eat to overcum my weekness n how to

tackle this pain n why this is happening

Frnds pls rply thnks in advance