1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How did a painful incident in your life transform you?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kavya007, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot geetabhaskar.I am touched .You really made my day with your compliment.
    DW

2. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Kavya,

What is Sudarshana Kriya?

Secondly, regarding the concept of Karmic debt, yes, I believe that as is sown, so shall it be reaped. I have seen people that many would consider "soulless" leading the good life while others who have never harmed even a fly in their lives suffering one tragedy after another. The only way to explain such anomaly is through the concept of Karma.

It is said that some souls opt to repay all of their debts in one lifetime in order to, once and for all, escape the cycle of birth, death and reincarnation. These souls are said to suffer the most, just so that they will attain Moksha at death. If so, surely it would be "good" to be "wretched" most of the time? I don't know how to reconcile these issues. Is a lifetime of suffering the only way to attain Salvation?

I'm still a beginner, so I would appreciate all responses in this regard.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

I agree with Geetabhaskar. You should be called Determined Woman (DW). Your life can bring hopes to many women in search of answers for life unfairness. First to deal with a health condition and second to deal with social insensitivity is no easy game. I salute you, DW.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Kavya,

I have long pondered about the law of Karma. In my 20's, I would hate to hear my mom say - "This is all the result of your last birth's sins.". I would wonder why someone got a better opportunity or fairer path than me. Now in my 30's, I accept the law of karma. It puts an end to several questions. It stops the blame game that we sometimes impose on ourselves.

I did join the AOL classes in early 2003. But I was not as determined as you are in continuing to practice the Kriya. I think I should start again.

5. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Kavya,

Hi Malyatha,

Sudarshan kriya is a breathing technique taught by the art of living foundation. Check out
    Art of Living Foundation
    The technique takes about 20 minutes a day. It blew away my postpartum depression and it cured my husband's GERD. Overall it has improved our physical and mental health. Its not a silver bullet that will cure all problems.

How much of suffering a soul is willing to take to reach moksha is not an individual decision that the soul takes. This is not how salvation is reached. Every action you do will have a positive or negative imprint in your consciousness which is carried over lifetimes. When you have enough mastery over your mind to stop generating negative karma and you have completely extinguished all your negative impressions the soul will become liberated (i.e) it is no longer subject to cycle of birth and death. All the good karma you do takes you to higher births. That alone explains why some people are born under very unfortunate circumstances and some people are born with a silver spoon.

Here is an interesting read on astrology and the law of karma.

Enjoy !!

http://ctzen.org/sunnyvale/enUS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=59

Thanks,
    Kavya.

6. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I do not want to address you by your ID. You have done well in life and you have overcome a lot of difficulties. Kudos to you.

Kavya.

7. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Hello Bravewoman...

I will call you only like that ok.....ya BRAVEWOMAN...

What geetabhaskar has said is 101% true. you are a BRAVE WOMAN ok.

Not many, including me, would have had courage to transform and change the disadvantage as ADVANTAGE as you have done it. Truly inspiring....... and i would really love to see more of your such inspiring posts which will make other friends here in IL also come out of any sad feeling they have.

I admire YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BEING SO BRAVE..... :cheers:cheers:cheers:thumbsup

- sunitha

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Hai geetabhaskar:)

First of all.... i would like to tell how nice of you to name our IL friend as BRAVEWOMAN. I liked that.........

From all your posts in this site...i have seen you have given fb to craft work more.. are you so interested... have you done any craft work..
    if you have done.....please write about it ok...

bye ya

-sunitha