1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Blood pressure

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sarojaramanujam, Jun 4, 2008.

1. sarojaramanujam

sarojaramanujam New IL'ite

A friend of mine who used to have highBP never took the tablets regularly and used to take pride in the fact that she never used to take medicines or go to the doctor. Today she is admitted in the hospital having had a stroke and her right arm and leg affected together with her speech. I beseech the members not to neglect your health like this and to go to the doctor and take medicines regularly .It is wise to be safe than be sorry.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008

2. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Saroja,

Thankyou for sharing your friends experience here. At least timely treatment and proper medications will help us from worst.

love,
    Anu

3. rumya

rumya New IL'ite

4. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the info. I have heard sililar incidents before also. How is your friend doing now?
    My Dh has high BP for at least last 2 years. Last reading was 136/98. Dr. did not prescribe any medicine. He advised to exercise regularly and reduce the salt in food. salt in food , I am already cooking with very less salt. But DH never exercise, nor do any physical activities at home. I am very much worried day by day.I have been telling him to do exercise. But no use. He keeps on telling me that i should reduce salt. he has no cholestrol or diabetis. I am already taking so much care in cooking.
    Any suggestions?
    Cheerful

5. rama_mani

rama_mani Silver IL'ite

Hi Cheerful,

What type of exercise your doctor told to do for BP. I am also having hight BP, sugar, tyroid.

Ask your husband to do exercise to avoid unnecessary problems. If the
    exercises is easily explained by you post the same. It will useful to everybody.

Ramamani