Pain Less Deliveries

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by varshini, Apr 29, 2006.

1. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Re: Epidural

Hi,

Go for it! I was so scared of the delivery process..the epidural option was truly heaven sent for me during labour....why undergo the pain when you have an option available? I did not have any backache after having it.Delivery is so comfortable with epidural! But it is turned off while pushing because it really gets numb down there! The numbness doesn't go away immediately..it takes a while giving you time to push with very little pain. That's again my opinion and everybody's bodies and their reaction are different.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Nidhi,

I have had epidural thrice so far and no troubles. One for a d&c, 2nd for my 1st delivery (emergency c-section) and third time i asked for it when labor was induced and the pain became unbearable. I could bear with my pain for a day before i delivered my girl naturally. There is no form of pain relief without cons. These days epidural is used a lot in delivery. I suppose if you are in right hands then no need to worry.

Latha

4. subhav

subhav New IL'ite

HI!

If u want to go for the epidural option just go for it. Even I had an epidural for my c-section. I did not experience any pain after that. Infact my doctor advised me to go for it as she said even she used epidural for her 2 deliveries herself. So i just went for it and did not regret my decision. Anyway all the best and Good luck!!

5. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Epidural

Hey Friends,

I am in 37th week of pregnancy but still couldn't decide about epidural. Could anyone suggest? It is good to take or not....

One of my friend took and delivered very safely but after 2 years she got backache....I am scared about long term problems like backache...But I know I can not bear pain as well so which method will be best for anesthesia. I am quiet healthy till now except pelvic bone pain.. I never had backache during my whole pregnancy....Pls advise me..

Thanks,

6. Anuparas

Anuparas New IL'ite

Hello Nidhi,
    congratulations. I took epidural for my second child and had natuaral delivery . For my first one i didn not and suffered the pain.
    It is upto you to take it or not. Here Dr's sayit is safe upto 98%. To avoid future back pain and stuff,do some strenghtening excercises after delivery.
    It will help you in many ways.
    I had it and i suggested to many firends. Talk to your Dr and decide.
    good luck.
    Anu

7. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Dear Nidhi,

I am expecting a baby in June 2009. I dont have a very high pain tolerance and am planning to take an epidural.

In India, epidural is not as common for normal vaginal deliveries as it is in US. Here in US, most of the women opt for epidural and from what I have read, it is a safe and reliable pain relief option during child birth.The anaesthesiologists are well experienced in administering that.

Also, since this is my first baby, I have been watching on TV and reading books on child birth experiences and I have seen several women who initially decide to go for a natural child birth having a tough time coping with the pain as the labor proceeds and asking for epidural later.

For one of my friends , her labor was very long - lasted more than 40 hrs. But she said, she was fine just because of the epidural. She could stay relaxed, watch TV, take a nap etc. If it was not for the epidural, just imagine coping with the labor pains for 40 hrs.

8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Nidhi,

I took the epidural when I delivered.I had to be induced by pitocin since i was past due date and my contractions were not severe.So I opted for epidural.

I think you get enough energy to push the baby during final stages of delivery due to epidural whereas you get tired easily without that.

9. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Thanks for your reply. I saw this link Epidural experience | BabyCenter

After reading so much, I am really scared about it.:hide: Is it really good to go for that?

Nidhi

10. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Nidhi.. i took epidural here in chennai, India 2.5 years bk.. delivering my kid normally and also feeling alright during and after it. you hv no reason to be worried. hope u trust ur doc, and if yes, and if the epidural is administered well, there is no reason to worry, as this had come to the US much before it entered India. My labor was pretty long. i was suffering with pain for the first 7-8 hours after which epidural was given. I had a good sleep after that for a few hours, again some mild pain started bothering me intensifying as time progressed and then my kid was born normally. There used to be a mild back pain where that shot was given earlier. but now even that has disappeared. There is nothing to worry. you might not be suggested an epidural also if your labor is short enough. So pray for whatever is good to happen.