1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange situation

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by drjp, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Just know that no matter what, your gut instinct will always be right. I am sorry if I added to your paranoia. To me, not seeing them just this one time isn't a big deal. I reasoned it out thinking you aren't cutting them out for life!!!

I just want you to come out of this in one piece. A little caution sometimes goes a long way!

Hugs to you, my friend.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. Sunukku

Sunukku New IL'ite

Make a kind excuse "work needs u"; health issues etc and soak yourself in a warm bath tub and relax. Sounds like you have a plateful to handle, save the rest for later. Invite them once everything is settled and you have won your custody !

Just my thots!!

3. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Dear Drjp,

Right now I feel, ur priority is ur children and getting their custody. Friends, if they are genuine well wishers, will surely understand ur situation, if you say no to them.

How close is this friend of yours? If they are vey close to you and if you feel that they might understand dilema well, then you can tell them ur abt ur fears maybe.

take care,
    sihi

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Hi Drjp,

So sorry to hear you are going through rough divorce. I think I agree with all the other ladies that you should make up an excuse and not have the friends stay over. Why go through the tension? At this time in your life you must be handling so many things at once, why add on one more worry? If you are on two minds about it, definitely you should go with your instinct, it's usually always right. Just my opinion. Take care Drjp!

5. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dear Drjp,

Why do you call it paranoia? It could very well be called being careful, being cautious or trying to avoid adding unnecessary "what if's" to the already complicated situation in your life. So don' t think that your saying no to your friend's is driven solely by paranoia. Not at all.

Circumstances and situations in life teach just some things. Given that everyone is not handed out the same situations in life, it is a fact that we all learn different things in life and in different ways. So believe and trust your instincts. Don't undermine your feelings and don't try to look at them as being negative. Your feelings are what they are and they are that way for a good reason. Every living moment we are undergoing some or the other change in one or the other area of our life. These changes may or may not be permanent. So don't worry about letting paranoia take over your personality.

Just acknowledge to yourself that at this point in your life your cannot blindly trust any one or that you are less willing to give as much benefit of doubt to someone as you used to before. It is perfectly alright. I feel that's how it should be.

If you get away from the negative connotation that you have associated in your mind about you becoming less trustworthy of people and let your natural instinct at this point in time take over, you will make the right decision my dear.

Lotsa luv,
    SS

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  6. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

A big thanks to all of you for your supportive words.

Here is the update on the situation:
    Friends gave me their plan. I informed them that I had plans for the weekend, however, I do not mind if they changed their plan a little to fit in my schedule. I am not sure what happened (I have a hypothesis, not worth going there), they chose not to stay at my place at all and stopped by briefly to meet kids and I. It was very brief and a casual meeting.
    That is the end of that story.

Coming to the focus of all the fellow IL'tes suggestions:
    Your suggestions made me realize the importance of having friends that support your thoughts, justify your fears and negate your negative feelings. Little did I realize that simple statements like "..why do you think it is paranoia..." ".....your fears are for good reason...", would clear my thoughts so easily. Another example, of how a simple words of concern give a enormous emotional support to women in need.
    Thanks guys,
    DRJP

7. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dear Drjp,

You did it! You handled it smoothly and with great elan! Glad to hear that the visit of your friends was non-controversial. That's exactly what you needed and you got it for yourself!

You are such a thinker! I am amazed at how deep and how balanced you think in spite of what is going on in your life currently. You are bound to emerge a super duper winner at the end of it all! I have not an iota of doubt about it!

Lotsa luv,
    SS

8. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

Dear SS,
    Told ya, you are in a wrong profession. Had you chosen psychology, you would have been the best counselor, coach and adviser for women. The fact that you took time to write a few more encouraging words for me, says it all!
    Thanks a bunch.
    DRJP