Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. HemaJay

HemaJay New IL'ite

Re: Schools at Madipakkam , Velachery

Thanks Shanthi,

If I go for admission for my kid in either of the DAVs in Velachery or Adambakkam, do u know what is the procedure? when will they give application forms for admission, fees structrues, etc. I need admission for U.K.G next year. Some people are telling it is hard to get into it other than Pre KG or LKG. Pls give ur suggestions.

Regards,
    Hema

15 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Schools at Madipakkam , Velachery

HI hema,

I do not know what is the procedure. my cousin had not found it difficult to get admission into adambakkam.You want good results go ahead with adambakkam dav.

I have been told dav velachery is a better option than dav adambakkam.

My sugestions are that you call the office of the school directly.

D A V Public School
    19 Sitaram Nagar Velacheri
    Chennai 600042

Dav Public School
    Adambakkam
    2245 1845,

Love,
    shanthi.

3. pooja11

pooja11 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to this group. We are moving to chennai next year.We started looking for schools for my son who will be going to 4th class next year.

I need some details about PSBB K.K Nagar.

Kanaka can you please help me in this.

The procedure for admission,2nd and 3rd languages and the timings.

I heard that the school hours are 9.00 to 12.30. Is it true?Its only half a day.

Thanks in advance friends.

4. sudhasarav

sudhasarav New IL'ite

hi Jyothi,
    Vael's billabong and Hari shree vidhyala both are ICSE curriculum schools. Students from abroad are easily adaptable to this curriculum which was exclusively initiated for NRIs. they give much importance to communication and practical things than studying what other CBSE and matric schools in chennai do. vael's billabong is a n international school which is situated in neelankarai. very good atmosphere. hari shree vidhyala is chettinad group school located in raja annamali puram. many NRIs are studying in both the schools.. if u want any information further u can contact me. i will give the deatils what i know.

sudhasaravanan

5. sudhasarav

sudhasarav New IL'ite

Hi kananka,
    i have just gone through the message . Actually I am put up in Velachery. And I am very keen in putting my daughter in Arsha vidhya mandir. my daughter is in my native place with my inlaws . Now i want to bring her to chennai this year itself. she has completed 3 yrs by this march.when I enquired for admission in arsha vidhya mandir last week, they said the admissions are over. but i am very particular to put her in Arsha vidhya mandir. Is there any possibility for admission.please enquire regarding this from ur sisters friend and let me know. I will be very much thankful if u do this at the earlier stage so that i can try for another alternate.
    Thanks in advance,
    sudha Saravanan

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  6. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Hi Jothi,
    I live in USA. We are planning to return to india this june. My house will be located in Thiruvanmaiyur.
    Few questions on Billabong.
    1. Is it CBSE/ICSE/Matric?
    2. What is their fee structure (enrollment and term fees?)
    3. Did you have to make a trip from the US to Chennai for registration? Some schools insist on seeing the children first.
    4. Do they have any entrance exams?
    5. What about the tamil language problem? My daughter is studying 3rd grade here in the US and I am in the same boat as you are. What is the school policy on this?

Kindly share the details, it will help us to do the necessary. The schools start in June 1st week. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

7. jairam

jairam New IL'ite

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum. But I already have found some useful posts.
    Can someone give more details re: Chennai schools as we are NRI and propose to return to Chennai in 2008. Jothi(poster) had some good inputs re: Billabong but she had pmed more details to some other posters. If anybody has any info re: that please post.
    tia
    thanx

1 person likes this.
  8. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

hi all,
    my son was in alpha school, doing his ukg when v came here to US fm chennai. here he is admitted in kindergarten only for the next year. so when v go back to India next year, which class will he be admitted. do any one of u know the admission process. i wud like to hav him placed in DAV,

urs
    priya

9. bagy

bagy New IL'ite

Good schools near tambaram/madambakkam/selaiyur

Hello
    I am planning to move to india (selaiyur/madambakkam) next year. My son needs an admission in 8th grade in a good school. I know there is Zion but 2nd language is a problem as my son doesnt know one. Are st.brittos academy/arsha vidya mandir far away from selaiyur? Are there any school buses available. Any help appreciated..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good schools near tambaram/madambakkam/selaiyur

Hi bagy,

Zion is a matriculation school in tambaram/selaiyur. brittos academy provides french as second language.arsha vidya mandir is not affliated to cbse, but is a good school. Brittos is near TNHB, velachery and arshad vidya mandir is also velachery. there are school buses for st.brittos. arshad vidya mandir i am not sure.

I am giving you the wikimapia marking for st.brittos. you can check it across selaiyur.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.993...18&l=0&m=a&v=2

The website address for the school is Welcome to St.Brittos Academy

Any other information i shall provide when u need.

There is one satya sai school in nemilichery, that u can ask about second language.
    I think by 8th they dont mind if ur child wants to take french. Now i think the cbse board allows japanese also as second language. talk to the schools. some of the schools are very accomodative.
    I would even suggest vaels billabong, but i dont think they still have 8th.
    You have lot of other schools, like sankara, vivekananda also in the area.
    I think you will get replies from other il's also.