Need women professionals for business development(work from home) project

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by aarthilr, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: A portal for women seeking project based work

Aarthi,

Appreciate your help to other ladies here. would like to know if you have been already paid by these people.

because i have seen many sites being discussed very few with a proof that they have paid.

this is just to know and share the details...

2. aarthilr

aarthilr New IL'ite

Hi,

Right now Iam not working for money,Iam just spending my time towards building clients for the website.I was impressed by the site's idea and approached the founders and offered to work for them without money.But there are real projects which are posted in the website now and Iam myself waiting to get involved and earn through one of the projects.

Good that you take so much care to avoid scams and illegitimate work at home job sites!!

Regards,
    Aarthi

3. mui kanva

mui kanva Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarthi
    I am really interested n this and dont know how to know the web site.. If moderaters give permission, it would be better if you could post the website link in ths forum....

4. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aarthi,
    I am really interested.please provide the url in the forum itself, so that it will be very useful for many of us.

5. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I would like to check that portal too. Can someone who has got the info from Aarthi, send me a PM on the site?

Thanks !

Cheers
    Jenz

6. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

There is a good old site "guru" for taking and requesting new projects. But be genuine to evaluate the project proposals by yourself as there are lots of web development, Database development projects and other techincal projects available. Always make sure to receive your payment terms and project requirements clearly before accepting the projects.
    Otheriwse you will end up burning your fingers.

Good Luck for the job/project seekers!!

7. aarthilr

aarthilr New IL'ite

Hi Leela,

Yes, I agree with you.Everyone needs to be alert and have a detailed discussion abt payment terms with the employer before venturing into oppurtunities.

By the way,I heard that we need to pay some amount to Guru to undertake projects from them.Please correct me if Iam wrong.Have you had any working experience with guru?

Jenz,I could pass the site name to only one person(radhikasv) in the forum and she also does not have PM facility.

Regards,
    Aarthi

8. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Arthi,

Guru is a site where both demand and suppliers of software/electornic categories meet to exchange. To provide this service, guru charges a % of the income you earn.
    You can create a profile there and look for matching projects. You can apply to matching projects that you can do. If the employer/individual concerned likes your quote ansd trust your experiance, they may award the project. Its purely between the candidate and the project owner. Since guru tracks this opportunities, they have to paid a commission. There are lots of people around the world majorly india who takes up projects here.

I have used this as an employer looking for some R&D electronics and web development. We recvd couple of good quotes , but couldn't go to the next stage due to our internal decision.

9. aarthilr

aarthilr New IL'ite

Hi Leela,

Thanks for the explanation.Nice to get such insights from people like you who are in the industry.

I have a question for you,What kind of project roles(For eg. - Web master,Business analyst etc) had you outsourced ?Do you think the job roles can be done as a part-time job with minimal or no office presence?

Regards,
    Aarthi

10. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Arthi,

There are lots of jobs that cna be done without an office environment, but an access to PC (Laptop) with broadband internet (Flat rate connection so that you can browse anytime without GB limitations) is required.

What role can be taken up depends on your skillset and background.
    1. Insurance Agent
    2. Tele-caller for banks, Telecom industries
    3. HR Executive (Recruitment executive)
    4. Web Designer if you have creativity and designer skills with PHP, JAVA,mySQL (make sure you have the right set of web development tools available (Free product like drupal or Priced products)
    5. Database development (mySQL, Access, Oracle, VB)
    6. Training content preparation.
    7. General content writer for Websites and technical writer roles for technology products
    8. Online tutoring
    9. Medical transcription
    10. Design of electornic products using embedded systems
    11. Use simulation software to develop any school syllabus for easy understanding.

There ar emany available. But a business analyst role cannot be done from home as it requires frequent interaction with clients in a corporate environment.

Hope the above helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.