1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need help!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nyeturi, Nov 10, 2008.

1. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Hi frds, one of my frnd is worrying alot about his father in law. My frnd get married almost 8 years back, and she dont have mother in law, she expired before marriage itself. My frnd's husband is havin one brother and one sis, almost 15 years back her mother in law expired means before her brother in law's marriage itself. Now what is the problem is her father in law wants to get marriage!!!!!!!! is it possible now he is almost 70 years, now marriage means how shameful and moreover his grandson is doing engineering, she is crying alot bcoz she is living in abroad and her sister in law and co sister they both are not understanding what to do, and he selected one lady also, how to takil with him? Their family is wellknown family, if he will do marriage how to takil with frds and relatives, actually he is having lots of money wellsettled family, so he is having lots of proud that he is having more money he can do anything. Now they all are worrying about this, my friend's husband is tellin that if he will do this marriage "I wont go to India and I wont go to his place". He wont listen others what they are telling. What to do pls help my frnd.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I think if the father in law is gettting married for companionship at old age ,it shudnt bother his children.What has him being 70 yrs got to do with marriage.I dont know how does him having lots of money do with this situation.
    In my opinion the MIL has passed on a long time back and he wants some company at this age. Its not bad but perfectly understandable. The husband of your friend is acting childish by telling he wont visit his dad.The children are all well settled and living their own lives. Now the father in laws needs some company and children shud understand instead of belittling him.
    It is not shameful to get married at his age. How will anybody feel if there is nobody with them 24/7 to take care of them,talk to them,spend time with them and just be there with them.
    We are in modern age.We shud let go of this old school thoughts that marriage shud be in such and such an age only .
    The children need to sit down and talk with the father regarding this with a calm open mind.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  3. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I feel the FIL is perfectly capable of taking his own decisions regarding his life. Age has nothing to do with this. if he feels the need of companionship at this time, the children must be supportive.
    Regards

4. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Thanks alot for ur replies, but he is not living alone there, my friend's co sister and brother in law and their daughters and FIL's own sister who got divorce also living with him, actually just bcoz doing everything for his FIL my friend's co sister she left the job also, and FIL's daughter also living just 5 min walkable distance from their house, dialy she used to go and chat with his dad. And they are having some temple also there..... so he is the chair person for that temple, if he is feeling lonely he can do lots of things dialy he can go to temple and take care of that, but he is not even trying to become busy, he is very lazy so for taking care of temple itself he is depending on his elder son who is very much busy with his work. She is my close frnd so she used to tell alot about her family.

5. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

For a human being companion is very imp ..and its more imp when they are old...so at these age they want someone who take care of them and most importantly talks to them...

being in this generation how can your friend think its shameful..one should be more happy that he found someone to be with...

now a days you tell me how much time we young generation want to spend time with our parents or parent in laws...i hardly see any old people coming to movies now a days ..thats because no one wants to take them..we always (most of the time ) prefer to be with our husband or friends...so who will care about them...

your friend need to think..I will be glad if that uncle gets married....

Skavi

6. chocolate

Still I dont see why he shudnt be married. His wife passed away a long time ago. Every relationship has its own meaning. A daughter or a son or daughter in law cant take a place of wife. Unless the woman in question has an ulterior motive to marrying your friend's father in law ,I dont see why he cant marry.

7. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Thx for ur replies, u people are right that we are not spending time with our parents, I will agree with that. He have to do this marriage when his wife expired may be after 1 or 2 years bcoz nobody is there that time to cook at home or taking care of kids marriage etc. but he dint do that, almost after 20 years now he is thinking about his marriage, ok I know that he needs some company to talk and he needs one person to share about his feelings, nobody replace the place of wife, but they are living in India, in India in a samll city they are living, if his son said ok for getting marriage, and he got marriage, then what will happen is everybody they will give the same respect? I dont think so, and moreover who will marry that 70 years old person, if someone ready also she will marry just for share in his property, but who will take care of him like frnd like real wife, if he did that marriage 20 years back means when he was 50 maybe somebody heartfully come to marry him but now?

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is understandable that it is not common in India for people who are 50 or 60+ to remarry. But, his family should support him in this. People will talk for sure. Does that really matter? If it makes the old man happy to marry, why not! Isn't it better than having relations without marriage?

Is his age the only reason his kids and sister are against his marriage? Maybe money or property going to the new wife is also a fear?

But of course, it is easy to just type this here. If this happened in my family or relatives, I would most likely be the only one supporting the older person wanting to remarry.

Rihana

Just read in your post, that he wants to marry and is looking for a woman to marry. I assumed there is already a woman he had in mind. Yes, finding a woman to marry at 70year old man is tough. He should do the searching himself. And others support him.

9. chocolate

What has respect got to do with marriage. The people would have mocked him even if he had married 1-2 years after his wife passing away.To non agreeing people it will look like woman in question is after his money. Why dont the family try to get to know the woman in question instead of thinking all this.

10. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Yes, my frnd and family members they knows the woman that she is unmarried and 40 years old, why she dint got married means she had some love affair with one person almost 20 years back but they dint do marriage he left her and he went. So she is having nagative feelings on love and marriage, and moreover that woman is my frd's close relative, my frnd knows her very well. But she have to agree and her parents and everybody have to agree for this proposal, lets see what will happen. Thx frds thanks alot for ur valuable replies, my frnd she dont know I am posting like this but I felt really bad about her problems, so I thought to ask u people. Sometimes bcoz of mental tension we can not decide anything that time if we take some suggestions works good!!!!!!!! I got lots of experience in this so I just wants to try for my frnd also.