1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extra-curricular activities

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by rithi, Oct 25, 2008.

1. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

My daughter will be 4 next year and thought of educating myself in her extra-curriculam. Do you send your kids for music/soccer/swimming/baseball? So many choices out there. Don't know how much she can try and choose

Rithi

2. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

put her in swimming and music, since she is just 4 yrs old

Uma

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Rithi,

Yes there are so many activities. Ideally I think you should look at what interests yor daughter and put her in those activities. If you think, it is dificut to identify, then you can start with something you think that interests her. I also think you should start off slow may be just a couple of activities - one physical and one soft skill like music/dance etc might show you direction.

My 5 year old does either swimming or karate along with a math program.

4. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Thanks for your replies ladies,

One physical and one soft skill sounds good. Can you give me info. about the math program.

Thanks
    Rithi

5. meena texas

meena texas New IL'ite

look for kindermusic in your area, that's amazing program for this age. kids benefit from the music and songs and will help tremendously in the later music learning with any instrument.

in term of math program, try print some online activity sheets that has math concepts. beestar.org online program and kumon center will be something for you to consider in a year or 2. 4yo is a bit too young for such serious stuff, unless your kid is really math talented.