I hate this!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kavinarayan, Oct 31, 2008.

1. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

Yesterday i visited one of the leading inner garments showroom in chennai for some of my needs...i was really irritated by the way the sales girls behaved in the store...i wanted to buy some bras and when i asked about the fitting the girls there were not in a position to explain...they did not know how to measure a person's bra size and another thing is they did not know to explain the features or fit of various bras...whatever i asked they said pls try and see....i feel yak to try innergarments at stores cos i don't know how many other people tried it on before(this is my personal opioion) i always wash my innerwear once they are brought from the store and then use it...the really shocking part was the girl in the panty section told pls try and see....i just kept everything there and came to this shop in fountain plaza where i normally go...the sales girls here have some idea on the measurements....

i don't want to critise anyone but store managers its a request..pls educate your staff on how to measure sizes for inner garments...after everything this determines a good look ...its a kind request...

kavi

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI kavinaranyan,

I am an expert in really taking this sales girls left right and centre. this what you do.
    1. if they do not know anything, tell them to call the manager immediately.
    2. When the manager comes in explain to him what you went through and tell him to listen you to you first and then talk.
    3. if they cannot help you get the email add or the number of this stores headquarter and talk to the head person there. take the name of the manager of the store and explain what you went through.

Then tell the sales girls infront of the manager that they should go through a a proper training of measuring the client and also how to approach the client. Be a bit stern with manager.
    We indian do not complain but if we do action will be taken.
    try it and tell me how it works.

I know what you were feeling at the store.

have a nice day
    alpa

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I am surprised.. Usually trials are not allowed in this section. It is amazing how this shop allows it.. As Alpa said maybe you should have got it to the store manager's concern.. maybe the girls didnt know it is not allowed ! Atleast this way other ladies would know and be careful before buying from these places..

Silly people.. have no clue about personal hygiene !!
    Rightly said.. proper training is important.

4. mui kanva

mui kanva Senior IL'ite

Usually in most of the shops, trails are allowed.. and yes, it is sometimes good, we cannot exchange after we wash it for use (for that matter I wash all that I buy -ready made and then only use it unless it is something I got for a festival or function), and no, when it comes to hygiene..

And there are countless sales persons like this who are not able to give us proper explanation on the products. This is a really irritating situation.. Rant

What Alpa has said is true.. We should take it to the managers concern immediately..

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I thought in Chennai they don't allow trials,this is news to me.But the thing is,after we buy it and then try it at home and then realise it doesn't fit,if we try to return it,they will never take it back.You have to fight for it.But the funny thing is ..whether you are allowed in the store or not,you still end up trying it at home and then return it...so if someone else tries it after that...yuck!!!

Here in the U.S,trials are allowed but personally,I don't prefer it too!:crazy

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

I have come across many undergarment shops like this in Chennai. The salespersons does not have any clue about the products at all.And when you ask them something,usually they show you the most expensive of the brands available there!Totally absurd.
    Femina bra shop in Eldorado shopping centre in Nungambakkam is good.They have good collection of Angelform brand & quite aware of the basics.

7. stalinmaran

stalinmaran New IL'ite

I m the manager of a lingeie store in chennai it would be nice if u could name the store u visited and got very poor service.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009