1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

premature greying

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anu2001, Oct 27, 2008.

1. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

Hi,
    My hair is becoming grey colour for the last two years.At first i didn,t take it seriously because i think it is one or two.But now greying rapidly increasing and i am very much worried about it. What should i do to protect the rest of my hair? pls advise me as soon s possible....pls...

2. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Anu, I heard that include indian gooseberry everyday in food will prevent hair become grey colour. You can use amla oil for the hair but buy the amla oil which doesn't contain mineral oil and wash your hair with herbal products. Such as amla, brahmi and shikakai. good luck!

3. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

If you are anemic then you tend to have premature greying. i do suffer from same problem.
    A balanced diet which includes a lot of dark green leafy vegies, orange and red coloured fruits and vegis, low fat dairy products and of course some exercise ,not only keeps your body fit but also healthy .
    Try hot oil massages for hair atleast once a month.take iron supplements .
    and also dont forget to consult a dermatologist.
    i think this info helps you.

:wave

4. senorita2007

senorita2007 New IL'ite

i had the same problem and i got loreal auburn color and coloured my hair, now the grey is light red or brown and looks hip...
    when u apply these chemicals, always nourish ur hair with conditioners etc..

5. nureen

nureen New IL'ite

Hi,

Even i have the same problem.I had few grey hair when i cam e to UK but now i have hundreds of them.It is painful.Looking for a permanent solution.Yes,I am anaemic :bowdownbut what to do with the hair that have already turned grey.I sometimes cry just to take out my anger.I have no suggestions but ooking for suggestions.

Regards
    Nureen

6. KalyaniBhaskar

KalyaniBhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Just wanted to share this info with you which might be of help. Himalaya's Revitalizing hair oil is very good. It contains Brahmi + amalaka with coconut oil base.

One can also add curry leaves (karvepalli) powder and heat so that it mixes well. Then cool and everyday apply before going to bed and ofcourse massage gently for some time.

This actually helps in keeping the hair black.

Henna as conditioner can be used. These are natural products. But after using henna and getting hair dried one has to apply oil. Otherwise hair becomes rough when exposed to sunlight.

Kalyani

7. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi anu,
    let me tell you one thing. My frnd's uncle has premature greying problem. he took curry leaves thrice a day for six months. now he dont've the problem. even i too did it. but i took dried curry leaves powder after my supper. it worked. dont use henna, lemon. you can use hair oil with curry leaves. Dont try any chemicals. take a balanced diet. more green leaves, dates, drumstick leaves are so good..........
    :thumbsup

8. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

Hi SHEL 28,
    Thank you so much for your kind information. Your curry leaves method is good and simple idea if it works out. But one doubt is why you said not to use henna. Actually now i am using hot oil with henna and apply before bath. Is it good for hair?
    Pls reply,
    Thanking you,
    anu

9. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi anu,
    I thought you are applying henna paste. oops sorry ya. I've seen people who used henna paste to cover their grey hair. it doesnt look nice. somewhat brownish silver hair. hey if u've imbalanced nutrition ,u'll 've grey hair. for me my hair is the indicator. then i'll start taking dates, milk ......... daily.:thumbsup

10. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

Hi Shell,
    It is absolutely right what you said on henna. But i use henna powder in warm coconut oil as a substitute of bath oil. How is it?:thumbsup