1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Amazing Benefits of Fenugreek

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

My dad was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes...and relatives had told him to take fenugreek seeds in the morning to reduce ...i resarched if it was true and it was so i am sharing it with u all =D

Home Remedy for Balancing Cholesterol

A study in India found people who took 2 ounces of fenugreek seed each day had significantly (around 14 percent) lower cholesterol levels after 24 weeks, and had lowered their risk of heart attack by more than 25 percent. Therefore, a recommended remedy for lowering cholesterol is to take 2 ounces of Fenugreek seeds as part of one meal each day. The seeds can be sprinkled onto prepared food, or they can be consumed with water if they are in capsule form.

Treating Diabetes and Lowering Blood Sugar Levels

Studies have shown that participants with type 2 diabetes had significantly lower blood sugar levels after eating fenugreek. Therefore, a recommended home remedy for treating Type 2 diabetes is to consume 500mg of fenugreek twice daily.

Herbal Cure for Skin Inflammation

A German research group has approved Fenugreek as an effective topical treatment for skin problems such as abscesses, boils, burns, eczema, gout and ulceration of the skin. Therefore, a simple skin inflammation remedy is to take a spoonful of fenugreek and grind it into powder. Mix it with warm water to make a poultice and apply it directly onto the inflamed skin. (A poultice is simply a piece of cloth that has been soaked into the warm water mixture and then applied to the skin).

Natural Cure for Heartburn and Acid Reflux

Fenugreek seeds contain a lot of mucilage, which helps sooth gastrointestinal inflammation by coating the lining of the stomach and intestine. Therefore, for an effective remedy against heartburn or Acid Reflux, simply sprinkle 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds onto your food. Another option is to take one teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds and swallow them with water or juice before you start to eat.

Home Remedy for Fever

The Fenugreek herb has been known to help reduce fever when taken with lemon and honey, since it nourishes the body during an illness. Therefore, to treat a fever, simply consume one to two teaspoons of Fenugreek seeds three times a day along with an herbal tea (such as green tea) with a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Some health food stores also sell herbal Fenugreek teas (see below), which can be used instead of the green tea.

Breast Enlargement

Fenugreek is often used in commercial preparations and teas formulated to help balance women's hormones and/or enlarge the breasts. Therefore, a simple remedy is to make Fenugreek a part of your regular diet.

Remedy to Ease Child Birth for Pregnant Women

Fenugreek stimulates uterine contractions and can be helpful to induce childbirth. However, pregnant women should only use Fenugreek for inducing labor after consulting with their doctor.

Remedy to Aid Milk Production in Lactating Women

Since ancient times, Fenugreek has been known to increase milk production in lactating women. Research has even shown that milk production can increase by over 500 percent within 24 to 72 hours after consuming fenugreek. Although it is not known why this happens, researchers speculate that the oil contained in fenugreek seeds plays a role. Therefore, a recommended remedy to increase milk flow is to consume one capsule of fenugreek seed (at least 500mg) three times a day.

1 person likes this.

2. thavamalar

thavamalar Senior IL'ite

A very good article on the goodness fenugreek,thanks for sharing!

3. Sana2712

Sana2712 New IL'ite

Hello,

Thanks for you amazing benefits of fenugreek.

I have had all this benefits but my question is how to use this seeds or powder.

Usually in South Indian dishes this spice is there but how can i use more like in tea or milk???

In what way could please answer this.:idea
    It will be great help

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Very useful information... thanks for sharing...

5. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Methi is very good and also for hair fall I used for one month and I had notice dramatic difference I will be doing this for long time. This is one wonderful plant from India.

6. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hi all!!!

glad u liked it =D

sana...u can either boil it and drink the water, soak it and take it...but cos im always rushing in the morning i take a tablespoonful and swollow it down with a glass of water!!!

it is also very effective in curing stomach aches when there is too much acid...works slmost immediatly

tc

7. sicherany

sicherany New IL'ite

Thanks for the good info!!!! Is it true that taking Fenugreek seeds can cure period pain?

8. dollyiyer16

dollyiyer16 Bronze IL'ite

very nice post...great to know that fenugreek seeds have so many benifits.....we generally dont bother abt stuff that is so naturally available to us, but go in for costly medicines.bonkthis message is a nice eye opener.

luv,
    dolly

9. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

thanks for sharing this wonderful benefits of fenugreek.

regards,
    Anu

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pink.rubies,
    Thanks for sharing useful info on Fenugreek...
    I used to have it whenever i feel stomach upset. i can feel withing sometime problem is solved.... So i am a frequent user to it...