Anybody in Basingstoke,UK

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by krish22, Nov 2, 2008.

1. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi IndusLadies,

Are there any indus ladies from Basingstoke,Hamshire,UK.
    We moved here 2 days back and yet to find a place to live and We really don't know anybody here and which place is safe and secure formy family and has our community?

I really need this info as soon as possible to decide whether to stay here or to go for someother place near to London.

Thanking you in advance.
    Krish.

2. deepat

deepat New IL'ite

Hi

Basingstoke is a nice place to live , currently we dont live there . but we have lived for ard 3yrs there . check out for Norn hill near town centre , full of our desi folks . Lots of company people from tcs , wipro and satyam are put up there .

Goodluck to you

Cheers
    Deepa

3. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Thank you Deepa.

4. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

Hi there,

I have live in Basingstoke for the past 2years. Have you found a place to stay now?

Regards
    Thilaga

5. alaha

alaha New IL'ite

Hello Gals ,

I live in Basingstoke and new to the place ... Looking forward to meet indians in and around to tak and meet ... And make new friends ..... Heylooooooooooooo anybody around ??????????????????

Shruthi

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. riverline

riverline New IL'ite

Hi Shruthi - we moved to Farnborough - let me know where you guys are put up

7. femail

femail New IL'ite

hello
    I live in chineham basingstoke..got married 2 months ago and came from pakistan..new to this place..missing my family

8. Lalitha81

Lalitha81 New IL'ite

Hi mates,

I live in Hampshire and looking for friends! Anyone interested?

9. sonalbatra1983

sonalbatra1983 New IL'ite

Hello everyone . I am Sonal. Me and my hubby moved to Basingstoke from London in October 2013. I have a little one who is 15 months now. We live in Beggarwood(near Hatch Warren) . Big change for us from the fast London life to Basingstoke.

We are originally from Delhi/India.

We don't know a lot of people here and very keen to meet new friends and have a good time. I work in Basingstoke in Viables and hubby works in London.

Thanks
    Sonal

10. stephbansal

stephbansal New IL'ite

Hi All --

I am slow to join this thread but wanted to make an introduction too. We arrived in Basingstoke about 6 months back. I am American (from Indiana, USA), my husband is Indian (from Allahabad, UP). We have 3 kids - a 4 year old daughter, 2.5 yr old son and 3 mo old daughter. I've been looking to meet other Indian families to share language practice for my kids (and me eventually - still hoping to learn Hindi) and just to make new friends in this new-to-us place. If anyone is ever interested to meet in a park or for coffee/tea on a weekend just let me know. We live in Old Basing currently and *finally* have a car of our own to get around so I am able to meet more easily now.

Also, where do you all shop for Indian groceries? We use Londis but wondered if there were other options nearby? We primarily cook vegetarian Indian food at home.

Cheers,
    Stephanie

1 person likes this.