Non-Vegetarian recipes by Mrs. Mano Saminathan

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by Mano Saminathan, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mano Saminathan

Mano Saminathan New IL'ite

Hello Priya!
    Here are a few chicken recipes for you!
    MASALA KOZHI KUZHAMBU
    Ingredients:
    Onions-2 (thinly sliced)
    Tomatoes-1 cup (nicely cut)
    Chicken-1kilo (cleaned, washed and cut into very small pieces)
    Coriander powder-2sps
    Chilli powder-2sps
    Ginger paste-1tbsp
    Garlic paste-1tbsp
    Masala-I(grind 4tbsp shredded coconut, aniseed 1sp,and 1 onion with a little water to a thick paste)
    Masala-2(grind 2 bay leaves, 1 ½ tsp poppy seeds and 1sp aniseed to a fine powder)

Other ingredients:
    Onion-1(cut into very small pieces
    1sp aniseed powder
    Curry leaves- a handful
    Coriander leaves-a handful
    2tbsps oil
    Turmeric powder-1sp
    Salt - to taste
    Oil-3 or 4 tbsps
    Method:
    Heat a kadai with the oil and add the onion and the tomatoes.
    When they are well cooked and the oil comes on the top, add all the powders including the masala-2. Fry them for a few minutes under medium fire.
    Then add the ginger and garlic pastes.
    After a few minutes add the masdala-I, enough salt, the chicken pieces and 2 cups of water and mix well. More water can be added according to the consistency of the kuzambu. Cover the lid and cook until the chicken pieces are well cooked and nice aroma floats on the air. Now heat a small kadai and pour the oil .
    Fry the onions to a brown colour, then add the aniseed powder and mix well.
    Then add the curry leaves and the coriander leaves and fry for a minute. Now pour it over the kuzhambu and mix well. Keep the kuzhambu for a few minutes on a very slow fire and then take it off from the fire. Serve the chicken kuzhambu with hot aappams!

CHICKEN MASALA:
    Ingredients:
    Chicken pieces- 2 kilo
    Fresh curd- 8 tbsp
    Ginger paste-4tsp
    Garlic paste- 4 tsp
    Coarsely ground pepper powder-2 ½ tbsp
    Lime juice- 2 tsp
    Turmeric powder-1 tsp
    Cumin powder-1 tsp
    Chilli powder- 1tbsp
    Fennel powder- 3 tsp
    Coriander powder-2 tsp
    Oil-7 tbsp
    Chopped onion- 3 cups
    Chopped tomatoes- 2 cups
    Red chillies-6
    Curry leaves- a handful
    Salt to taste
    Procedure:
    Clean and wash the chicken pieces well. Marinate these chicken pieces with the fresh curd, ginger paste 2sp, garlic paste 2sp, coarsely ground pepper powder-1 ½ tbsp, lime juice , cumin powder, chilli powder, fennel powder, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder for 2 hours.
    Heat a big kadai and pour 6tbsp oil. When it becomes hot, add the chopped onion and fry well until the color changes into golden brown. Then add 2sp ginger paste and 2sp garlic paste. Fry well for a few minutes. Then add the crushed tomatoes with 1/2sp salt and cook well until they are well mashed and the oil floats on the top. Then add the chicken and cook until the chicken pieces are cooked and the gravy is thickened.
    Cook on medium fire and do not add any extra water. Heat a small Kadai and pour 2tbsp oil. When it becomes hot, add the red chillies, curry leaves and 1tbsp coarsely ground peppercorns. Pour this on the chicken masala and mix well. Cook for a few minutes and then put off the fire. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves

2. roja

roja Junior IL'ite

Drumstick Chicken

Hello Mrs. Mano,

Your recipes seems to be mouth watering. I definitely want to start trying them.

Meanwhile, I have a question for you...

Here in the US, we get drumstick chicken pieces. I have actually grilled them in Conventional oven using the preparation method of chicken 65. But they are quiet thick pieces and they don't get the spicyness inspite of marinating for hours.

Would you be able to suggest some Indian recipes that I can try with drumstick chicken? Thanks in advance.

Roja

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Mano's kitchen

Dear Mano,
    I am a vegetarian. But I make cakes with eggs. I want some tips on eggs. How to know if they are fresh, how to store and how long they can be stored etc. And also how to know if they are stale after breaking them. Please start a tips section as in veg. Thanks a lot in advance,
    Varloo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.