1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Painting Classes & Materials : Queries

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by deepikab, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Sulkypetal

Sulkypetal New IL'ite

re: Painting Classes : Queries

Hi Shreya from Delhi

how are you doing...hope the holiday season was a good one for you so far.
    It is tough to get uprooted like you did, however things do have a way of working out if we stay brave and cheerful, looking for alternatives and thinking positively.
    (I know I moved form US here after 22 years htere...)
    Perhaps you can start with basic signage in your building if they let you or around it; perhaps a banner outside the building. The person who makes the banner would tell you who to approach for permission to put up the poster or banner on/around the streetlights. Register with Justdial directory info for free. 2888 8888. They will always try to upgrade you to the paid plan but you can start for free. Tell the ladies/mothers in your building about your talents and services. Invite them over to see work.
    Someone mentioned leaving your card, small handbill in art/craft shops in area in a related thread or here, I forget. Hope this helps.
    I live between Mahim and Mira Rd. Many many miles apart. Could you tell me your location and what you may charge for individual attention. I am interested in drawing and painting. Though I am talented, have not paid attention in years to it and need tips.
    Thanks!

2. sankari.subash

sankari.subash New IL'ite

Re: Paintings : Glass Painting Instructions

Dear Ashu,
    Keep up your good work.. Please post stained glass procedure if u know

3. supandi

supandi Silver IL'ite

Re: Paintings : Fabric Painting Materials

hi
    get one stitched..or try at any of these new malls or big bazar
    supandi(kala)

4. PYARY

PYARY New IL'ite

Paintings : Glass painting Instructions

Hai

hope some one can guide me to do a glass painting.
    Pyary

5. Jeena

Jeena Bronze IL'ite

6. nimurty

nimurty Gold IL'ite

Paintings :Glass Painting Instructions

Hi every one,this is the procedure what i know about doing glass paint,if any one more tips pls post.

Glass painting is very easy.If you are going to do on clear glass just keep the pattern back of the clear glass stick it with tape and then put the glass liner for the out lines.dry it 24hrs.then with the colours fill the rest of the design,if u take glass kit they give colours in bottles,slowly fill the design with required colour,BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT U SHOULD DO GLASS PAINT ON A FLAT SURFACE TO STOP COLOUR RUNNING DOWN TOWARDS THE SLOPE SIDE,NOT ONLY THAT KEEP IT FLAT TILL DRIES(MX24HRS) DEPENDS ON THE THICKNESS OF THE PAINT U R APPLYING.next comes in bottles camel is the best company i felt,easy to get more colours also. these u can apply using brushes like u do painting but with out repetedly doing on the same place,there are chances of getting bubbles pork them with pin.
    these are two types,1 is water based,2 is solvent based,water based can be diluted or brushes can be cleaned in water imm,but solvent based are bit difficult for first time using brush,brusehes should be cleaned with glass paint cleaner,to thin this paint v get glass solvents in the market.
    if u r doing on mirror just do carbon tracing as v do on cloth.
    regarding liners v get many in market,v can even make our own liner by mixing little required colour in fevicol and make a cone,procedure is same.

7. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

re: Paintings :Glass Painting Instructions

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the procedure. I had a doubt.... Does glass paint stay permanently on the surface of the glass? What I mean to ask is, does it peel off, particularly in the case of the water based colors?

Regards,
    Yamuna.

8. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

thank u very much for sharing the procedure .As u told tht we can use fevicol with desired colour in acone as outliner - will it last for a long time as a glass outliner??
    I saw one of my frd using mseal for the outliner--which one is the best one of these three??
    thnz in advance
    bye
    rekha

9. kavitasenthil

kavitasenthil New IL'ite

Hi.

All your craft n art work really cool & professional. Thanks for sharing tips on how to do glass painting.

regards,
    kavita

10. nimurty

nimurty Gold IL'ite

Re: Paintings : Glass Painting Instructions

hi,
    no doubt glass paint wont come off the glass once it gets dried.next using fevicol mixed with colour as liner will not come out of the glass once dried only thing is should go for good quality of white glue.m-seal is also a good idea but if you are a starter you may not get the out line properly as u have to make m-seal threads width same all over the out line,it depends on ur hand movement
    thank you all