1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Loss/Fall Questions & Solutions for hair growth

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by simi, Apr 1, 2005.

Is it easy home remedy

Poll closed Mar 2, 2009.
  1. yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no idea

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diya

diya New IL'ite

Yes I too agree.
    Always natural way is better for our skin.
    Hibiscus leaves can also be used as a substitute for the market shampoos.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2005
  2. anasuya

anasuya New IL'ite

Include lot of leafy vegetables in your diet. This helps in reducing hair loss.
    Also henna+ coconut oil (do as our elders make our normal hair oil- enna kachiyathu in Malayalam) is a good combination to reduce the effect of hair loss.

3. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Simple things to follow to reduce hair loss

Hi Simi,

You have already got many excellent tips for treating hair loss problem. I'm sure you would have already started experimenting atleast a few of them.

I too wanted to let you know about some simple things that needs to be followed to reduce hair loss (if not Stop :!: )

- Apply good clear oil (coconut or sessame oil) alteast every 2 - 3 days, massaging evenly on the head as well as rub on the hair tips
    - Take head bath atleast twice a week using shampoos including conditioners or shikakai powder. (Remember - don't keep changing the shampoos as and when new ones get introduced in the market!)
    - Atleast once in 15 days take a good oil massage, let your hair get soaked in oil for 30 - 45 mins and then take head bath.
    - If you are used to taking head bath in hot/warm water, that's fine, provided while finishing the bath just run through some cold/lukewarm water. This will close the hair follicles and will prevent hair fall.
    - To dry you hair after head bath, try to avoid dryers. Rub them with soft towels and leave it loose to dry.
    - Do NOT comb or plait your hair when it is wet or moist.
    - To comb your hair always use the comb with wide/big tooth. This will help to avoid breaking of the hair.

While we try to explore and take extra care, we would be missing the basic things that are mentioned above regarding care.

Hope it is useful :)

4. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

Soak fenugreek seeds/powder to rinse hair

Hi all,

Similar to the tip by Madhu, soak the fenugreek seeds/powder in a bucket of water to rinse your hair with it.

Rich in iron, vitamin C and calcium, ‘methi’ is a prerequisite for healthy hair.

5. akila

akila New IL'ite

Use hibiscus flowers and leaves

Hey Ladies,

I think hair loss is the most common problem experienced by most of us ladies. Try this one to reduce hair loss, if not avoid.

Grind and mix hibiscus flowers and leaves with shikakai powder adding water. Use this mixture (like normal shikakai paste) to wash your hair. Regular use of this reduces hair loss. I am using it and find it lot better.

6. gulshansherbal

gulshansherbal New IL'ite

may i help u?

...may i help u ...
    plz answer these questions may b i can find some solution to hair problem.
    01.ur name and where r u from?

02.age?

03.do u oil ur hair regularly?

04.which shampoo do u use?

05.do u have dandruff / hair fall / grey hair / dead foliciles?

if any other pla specify...

06.do u exercise / crash diet / sit on computer for hours / if any other

activity thru which u exert a lot plz specify?

07.what is ur food intake?

08.do u drink milk?

09.do u colour ur hair?

10.do u use a conditioner?how frequently?

11.since how long r u facing this problem?

12.if any other problem regarding hair plz specify?

u can private message me the details.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2005
  7. roja

roja Junior IL'ite

Do you have thin or falling hair?

If you have thin or falling hair, apply amlas(Indian gooseberries) to hair roots.

Take 5 to 6 amlas and boil it in milk till it becomes soft. Remove the seeds and mash it into a pulp. Apply it on the hair roots and leave it for 15 to 20 mins. Then rinse your hair like taking normal head bath.

Also, eat amlas regularly if you like it, it is good for hair - darkens color and prevents greying too.

8. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

u can use powder mathi (seeds) sock them for 5 to 6 hr. and use that in ure scale..

it will help

juhi

9. Pravallika

Pravallika New IL'ite

Severe Hair Fall !Please Help me urgently

Hi

This is pravallika from Singapore.I saw all ur messages in this site.
    Here is my problem:
    Suddenly i am having severe hair fall from past few weeks. Hair is coming in bunches even if i comb.Seeing this am really scared that i may loose my hair totally.
    Below are the few steps am following from few days after reading your messages.
    a.Before head bath am massaging my hair with warm almond oil + teaspooon Oilve oil.
    b.Then i'll apply full egg over the scalp.
    c.Once after it gets dried up,having head bath with Pantene Hair fall shampoo along with Ginvera White Tea SPA Conditioner.
    d. Started using Aswini Improved Hair oil regularly.
    e.Along with this, am having Vita-Lea High Potency Multi Vitamin and Multi Mineral Tablets (daily 1).

Advise me whether have any problem with the above methods or suggest me best ways so that i can protect my hair without falling any more. Is it necessary to use Ginvera White SPA shampoo instead of pantene hair fall shampoo as am using Ginvera White conditioner( For all Hair Types).

My hair is oily hair and its a medium hair.Please advise me as soon as possible.
    Rgds
    Pravallika

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  10. Jaya

Jaya New IL'ite

Dear Pravalika,

If you are having hormonal problems or thyroid problems, you could experience hairfall. You can check with your doctor for these. As I had suggested Lakshmi Vinoth, I am giving you the same suggestion. You can use Neelibringhadi Hair Oil, if it is available in Singapore. It is a really good one to prevent hair fall. I am telling you from my personal experience. Also, have a well balanced diet.

Regards
    Jaya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.